Deputy Black Stars committee chairman, Wilfred Osei Palmer insists he is still at post despite stories suggesting otherwise.
There were reports last week that Osei had been axed following his backhanded comment prior to the re-appointment of Akwasi Appiah as head coach by questioning his credentials.
Palmer stated he felt no local was fit to coach the national team a decision he later made a U-turn on.
Two months after this, it is reported he has been given the sack but Palmer insists he knows of no such thing.
“Fortunately when I did my checks I still have my position as the Vice Chairman of the Black Stars.
‘We had just come out of an executive committee meeting and I was of the opinion that if there’s something of that nature, it should have been communicated to me at that very meeting.
“That is where I said I would have been surprised if that was the decision of the FA because if the FA or Executive Committee is taking the decision, the best forum would have been during the meeting and not when we had finished.
“I must also say that there’s no reshuffling at the management level what we have done is to reshuffle the technical teams for the respective national teams”.
The Black Stars play Ethiopia this weekend in Kumasi.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Cameroon v Guinea-Bissau: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- Afcon 2019: Ayew optimistic about Ghana victory against Benin today
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Mali dominant in win against Mauritania
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect
- Prof. Wallace writes: Black Stars' pre-tournament 'goal drought'; a cause for concern?
- AFCON 2019: Djalma secures crucial point for Angola against Tunisia
- AFCON 2019: Asamoah Gyan set for another milestone
- AFCON 2019: Tunisian to referee Ghana’s clash with Benin
- AFCON 2019: Kodjia strike sees Ivory Coast scrape past South Africa
- Rafael Benitez to leave Newcastle United
- Ivory Coast v South Africa: kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Morocco coach blasts referee after he refuses water break in searing heat
- Tunisia v Angola kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more