Jordan Ayew struck his debut goal for Swansea city who defeated West Brom at home to end the season on a high note.
The Swans ended a testing Premier League season with a 15th-place finish as Jordan Ayew's first strike and Fernando Llorente's late volley earned a 2-1 victory against West Brom at the Liberty stadium.
Ayew, signed in January from Championship side Aston Villa, nodded home Llorente's header across goal to restore parity for the Swans after Johnny Evans had given the away side the lead before the Spanish striker Fernando Llorente struck a stunning winner with four minutes left on the clock.
Jordan’s goal proved some feat for a side that was in the bottom three only a few games ago, but 13 points from the last 15 on offer saw a hugely satisfying end to the season
More Sports Headlines
- Ghanaian midfielder Godfred Donsah joins Cercle Brugge on loan
- Turkish company to construct Hearts of Oak’s Pobiman Academy
- Talking points from the Premier League weekend
- Talking points from the La Liga weekend
- Talking points from the Bundesliga weekend
- African Games: Derek Abrefa named Team Ghana captain
- Coutinho joins Bayern on loan from Barcelona
- Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on free transfer
- Ashley Cole: Ex-Arsenal, Chelsea and England full-back retires
- Chelsea held by Leicester in Lampard's first home match
- Prof Dodoo re-elected as Ghana Athletics Association president for a third term
- Ghanaian John Manyo-Plange named Vice President of Basketball Africa League
- Guardiola: They have to fix VAR
- African Games: Black Satellites win opener against Burundi
- VAR denies Man City again against Spurs