Former Ghana international Anthony Baffoe was named Sports Personality of the Year on Saturday by the Sports Writers Association of Ghana at their 42nd Awards Night.
The General Secretary of the Professional Footballers Association of Ghana was awarded for his role in international football administration and his contribution to the development of football in Ghana, particularly at the Professional Footballers Association of Ghana (PFAG).
He beat boxer Emmanuel Tagoe who won the International Boxing Organization (WBO) lightweight title to become Ghana’s only world titleholder.
In other awards, TP Mazembe star Solomon Asante claimed Footballer of the Year award for the vital role he played in the Congolese side CAF Confederation cup triumph
Most Promising Star of the Year went to Sandra Owusu Ansah but she missed out on the Female Footballer of Year to Priscilla Adubea.
Ghana Premier League Player of the Year was given to Wa All Stars goalkeeper Richard Ofori beating Latif Blessing (last season's PLB MVP and topscorer) and Kwesi Donsu of Medeama.
MOST PROMISING STAR OF THE YEAR
Sandra Owusu-Ansah (Black Maidens/Black Princesses)
FEMALE CLUB OF THE YEAR
Ampem Darkoa Ladies – For winning the National Women’s League for the first time.
MALE CLUB OF THE YEAR
Wa All Stars for winning the Ghana Premier League for the first time.
DEDICATION AND VALOUR
Godwin Attram – For dedication to Accra Great Olympics where he played a key role in the club’s return to the Ghana Premier League in a dual role of Player/Coach of the club during their successful stint in the Division One League.
PREMIER LEAGUE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Mali secure first U-20 AFCON title on penalties
- Jeffrey Schlupp scores as Palace march on in FA Cup
- Basketball Africa League: Professional competition to launch in 2020
- Afriyie Acquah scores as Empoli beat Sassuolo in Serie A
- Mission International School, Happy Days Academy dominate Joy Kids Olympics second leg
- Kevin-Prince Boateng: Barca striker burgled during La Liga debut vs Valladolid
- Sergio Ramos and his 25 Real Madrid red cards: a retrospective
- Ramos sent off as Real Madrid suffer shock home loss to Girona
- I was destined to be world champion - Commey
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Messi scores one penalty but misses another in Barca win
- Morocco to bring in VAR technology for all top-flight league games
- CAF CC: Ex-Kotoko star Yusif Chibsah thinks key to qualifying is winning away matches
- Tanko hints at call-ups for Kotoko players for Kenya Clash
- I’m not scared of Tagoe - Richard Commey