Former Ghana international Anthony Baffoe was named Sports Personality of the Year on Saturday by the Sports Writers Association of Ghana at their 42nd Awards Night.
The General Secretary of the Professional Footballers Association of Ghana was awarded for his role in international football administration and his contribution to the development of football in Ghana, particularly at the Professional Footballers Association of Ghana (PFAG).
He beat boxer Emmanuel Tagoe who won the International Boxing Organization (WBO) lightweight title to become Ghana’s only world titleholder.
In other awards, TP Mazembe star Solomon Asante claimed Footballer of the Year award for the vital role he played in the Congolese side CAF Confederation cup triumph
Most Promising Star of the Year went to Sandra Owusu Ansah but she missed out on the Female Footballer of Year to Priscilla Adubea.
Ghana Premier League Player of the Year was given to Wa All Stars goalkeeper Richard Ofori beating Latif Blessing (last season's PLB MVP and topscorer) and Kwesi Donsu of Medeama.
MOST PROMISING STAR OF THE YEAR
Sandra Owusu-Ansah (Black Maidens/Black Princesses)
FEMALE CLUB OF THE YEAR
Ampem Darkoa Ladies – For winning the National Women’s League for the first time.
MALE CLUB OF THE YEAR
Wa All Stars for winning the Ghana Premier League for the first time.
DEDICATION AND VALOUR
Godwin Attram – For dedication to Accra Great Olympics where he played a key role in the club’s return to the Ghana Premier League in a dual role of Player/Coach of the club during their successful stint in the Division One League.
PREMIER LEAGUE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain
- Keita set to miss Champions League final but could be ready for Guinea
- PSG boss Al-Khelaifi charged with athletics corruption
- Antonio Conte set to take charge at Inter Milan
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko qualify for semi-finals
- Prof. Wallace writes: The role of Governments in football
- Uganda FA part ways with Paa Kwesi Fabin after two months
- Sarri to discuss Chelsea future after Europa League final
- Fifa drops plans to expand 2022 World Cup to 48 teams