Former Ghana international Anthony Baffoe was named Sports Personality of the Year on Saturday by the Sports Writers Association of Ghana at their 42nd Awards Night.
The General Secretary of the Professional Footballers Association of Ghana was awarded for his role in international football administration and his contribution to the development of football in Ghana, particularly at the Professional Footballers Association of Ghana (PFAG).
He beat boxer Emmanuel Tagoe who won the International Boxing Organization (WBO) lightweight title to become Ghana’s only world titleholder.
In other awards, TP Mazembe star Solomon Asante claimed Footballer of the Year award for the vital role he played in the Congolese side CAF Confederation cup triumph
Most Promising Star of the Year went to Sandra Owusu Ansah but she missed out on the Female Footballer of Year to Priscilla Adubea.
Ghana Premier League Player of the Year was given to Wa All Stars goalkeeper Richard Ofori beating Latif Blessing (last season's PLB MVP and topscorer) and Kwesi Donsu of Medeama.
MOST PROMISING STAR OF THE YEAR
Sandra Owusu-Ansah (Black Maidens/Black Princesses)
FEMALE CLUB OF THE YEAR
Ampem Darkoa Ladies – For winning the National Women’s League for the first time.
MALE CLUB OF THE YEAR
Wa All Stars for winning the Ghana Premier League for the first time.
DEDICATION AND VALOUR
Godwin Attram – For dedication to Accra Great Olympics where he played a key role in the club’s return to the Ghana Premier League in a dual role of Player/Coach of the club during their successful stint in the Division One League.
PREMIER LEAGUE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- WTA gives increased protection for returning mothers on tour for 2019
- Morocco decide against 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- UCL: Real Madrid suffer record home loss to CSKA Moscow
- Man City forward Sterling named Premier League player of the month
- 2009 U-20 World Cup MVP Dominic Adiyiah joins Thai second-tier club
- Richard Commey 'feels like a complete fighter' ahead of world title fight
- CAF CC: StarTimes to broadcast Kotoko's first leg clash with Kariabangi
- Moura’s late goal in Barcelona takes Tottenham through to last 16
- Salah goal sends Liverpool into Champions League last 16
- StanChart launches “Stand Red Campaign”
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after three months
- Injured Man City midfielder Silva out for 'a few weeks'
- 'I've always liked Real Madrid!' - Hazard hints at Chelsea exit
- T.I AMASS win Ashanti Regional Inter-Schools Soccer championship
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling