Tianjin Teda midfielder Frank Acheampong is delighted after helping his side retain their Chinese Super League status for next season.
The Ghana international played a huge role, scoring 17 goals in 26 appearances as Teda escaped relegation on the final day of the season.
"The effort we put in, by God's grace everything went well as expected,” he said.
"We were almost going down but thank God we survived. All I can say is it's so amazing. The love they were showing. It got to a point we just needed one goal to make this record and in that game, we lost and even the previous game, I wasn't even the best but I knew what I was playing for and I knew that God’s time is the best.
He added, "Thank God I was able to make it but then I couldn't do it alone, the fans, the playing body, the coaches even when the going went tough we didn't stop."
The 25-year-old signed for Teda from Belgian side Anderlecht.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- A fifth “All-African Coaches” AFCON final
- Juventus sign De Ligt on five-year deal
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze
- Atletico Madrid sign Tottenham defender Kieran Trippier
- Kotoko midfielder Kwame Bonsu completes move to Esperance
- CAF adopts one-leg finals for club competitions
- Real Zaragoza sign Raphael Dwamena from Levante
- Caf expands Women's AFCON to 12 teams
- Tunisia v Nigeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Blatter labels Samoura's Caf move 'colonialist'
- Pernell Whitaker was unique - Eddie Pappoe
- #AFCON Offside: Ismailia, the beautiful city without V8 [Photos]
- Ghana Football Awards billboards hit town
- Marc Batchelor: South African former footballer shot dead
- Meeting to discuss start of 2019/20 league season called off