Tianjin Teda midfielder Frank Acheampong is delighted after helping his side retain their Chinese Super League status for next season.
The Ghana international played a huge role, scoring 17 goals in 26 appearances as Teda escaped relegation on the final day of the season.
"The effort we put in, by God's grace everything went well as expected,” he said.
"We were almost going down but thank God we survived. All I can say is it's so amazing. The love they were showing. It got to a point we just needed one goal to make this record and in that game, we lost and even the previous game, I wasn't even the best but I knew what I was playing for and I knew that God’s time is the best.
He added, "Thank God I was able to make it but then I couldn't do it alone, the fans, the playing body, the coaches even when the going went tough we didn't stop."
The 25-year-old signed for Teda from Belgian side Anderlecht.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- NC Special Cup: Yacouba returns to inspire Kotoko to victory, Hearts confirm top spot in Premier B
- Nadal defeats Djokovic in Italian Open final to win first title of year
- Barca held by Eibar despite Messi double
- Real Madrid end campaign with 12th league defeat
- Deontay Wilder knocks out Dominic Breazeale in first round to defend title
- Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany to leave after 11 years
- Manchester City win FA Cup to secure historic domestic football treble
- AFCON 2019: Why Asamoah Gyan must be sacrificed for the future
- Robben, Ribery strike in perfect farewell as Bayern seal Bundesliga title in style
- 'Bribed' referees who handled Ashgold-Kotoko clash banned temporarily
- Guardiola relaxed over UEFA probe into Manchester City
- Allegri to leave Juventus this summer
- ANALYSIS: Only these players from Ghana's 2017 AFCON team should go to Egypt. [Infographic]
- Wafu Women's Cup: Ghana fail to reach final after Nigeria defeat
- Asantehene calls for golf support