Agona Swedru based athlete Ishmael Arthur emerged winner of the 2019 Asante Akyem Marathon held on Easter Monday.
The 42.97km marathon, which drew over 300 participants from across the country, took place within the Agogo township in the Asante Akyem District. It started at Agogo State secondary school and ended at the Agogo lorry park.
Image: Ishmael Arthur
Ishmael finished first in the men's category with a time of 2:49:06, whereas Kudanu John, last year's winner, finished third with Richard Kweitu securing the second position.
In the women's division, Abdulai Ramatu came first with Titi Rosina second while Amanda Kotambe came third.
In the Juvenile category, Abu Nuri Seth emerged the winner with Nkansah Deborah placing second while Diana Antwiwaa came third.
This year's Asante Akyem Marathon was the third edition following a successful organisation of the first and second editions in previous years.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko beat Hearts on penalties to reach finals
- Ghana 0-0 South Africa: Black Stars players rated
- Chelsea confirm departure of Maurizio Sarri to Juventus
- Pogba: I’m thinking of a new challenge
- Fury stops Schwarz in second round of heavyweight fight
- Hearts v Kotoko tactics: How Phobians can beat marginally superior Porcupines
- Colombia beat Messi's Argentina at Copa America
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss
- Multimedia secures radio rights for TOTAL AFCON2019 coverage