Kojo Arhin has been honoured by his school, Bishop Bowers, after excelling in football of the Joy FM Kids Olympics last Saturday at the St Anthony Anglican Church park in Abelemkpe, Accra.
The eight-year-old exhibited stunning performances to help his yellow team emerge victorious in the U-9 football competition.
He scored five goals; enough to earn the top scorer accolade before being adjudged the Most Valuable Player in that division.
On Monday, Arhin was redecorated with his medal by the headmistress Sister Mercy Benson during the school assembly.
The third and final leg of the Joy FM kids Olympics is scheduled for Saturday, 23rd February 2019 with medals in swimming up for grabs at Ghana International School in Cantonments, Accra.
The Joy Kids Olympics is sponsored by Blue Band, Hollard Life, Call Angels, Medicas Hospital, and Alpha Cuisine.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AL-SMITH: The Black Stars patriotism, under scrutiny, demands an emphatic answer
- Cameroon v Guinea-Bissau: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- Afcon 2019: Ayew optimistic about Ghana victory against Benin today
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Mali dominant in win against Mauritania
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect
- Prof. Wallace writes: Black Stars' pre-tournament 'goal drought'; a cause for concern?
- AFCON 2019: Djalma secures crucial point for Angola against Tunisia
- AFCON 2019: Asamoah Gyan set for another milestone
- AFCON 2019: Tunisian to referee Ghana’s clash with Benin
- AFCON 2019: Kodjia strike sees Ivory Coast scrape past South Africa
- Rafael Benitez to leave Newcastle United
- Ivory Coast v South Africa: kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Morocco coach blasts referee after he refuses water break in searing heat