Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu has joined Bundesliga side RB Leipzig on a season-long loan.
The 18-year-old Welsh international failed to make a Premier League appearance last season after signing a new five-year deal in September 2018.
He did not travel to China for Chelsea's pre-season tour and manager Frank Lampard, speaking last week, said he was keen for him to go out on loan.
"I tried to sign Ethan on loan at Derby last year, so I'm a big fan," he said.
"But with the minutes he played last year, in the interest of Ethan and of Chelsea, the idea he can play a lot of games somewhere could be good for him.
"I really wanted to work with Ethan this year. That's a slight disappointment, but it's to benefit of him. In midfield and defence we have a lot of quality, so each player is a case by case."
More Sports Headlines
- Ghana hockey fail to qualify for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Messi, Zlatan among FIFA Puskas award nominees
- Ghanaian midfielder Godfred Donsah joins Cercle Brugge on loan
- Turkish company to construct Hearts of Oak’s Pobiman Academy
- Talking points from the Premier League weekend
- Talking points from the La Liga weekend
- Talking points from the Bundesliga weekend
- African Games: Derek Abrefa named Team Ghana captain
- Coutinho joins Bayern on loan from Barcelona
- Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on free transfer
- Ashley Cole: Ex-Arsenal, Chelsea and England full-back retires
- Chelsea held by Leicester in Lampard's first home match
- Prof Dodoo re-elected as Ghana Athletics Association president for a third term
- Ghanaian John Manyo-Plange named Vice President of Basketball Africa League
- Guardiola: They have to fix VAR