Goalkeeper Felix Annan was on cloud nine after his club side, Asante Kotoko secured their place in the final of the Normalisation Committee Special Cup tier 1 following victory over Hearts of Oak on Sunday.
The Porcupine Warriors won the semi-final clash 5-4 on penalties after a 1-1 stalemate in regulation time.
Annan, who is the only local player named in the Black Stars squad for 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, could not hide his excitement as he celebrated in the national team's camp in Dubai.
He posted a video of him celebrating with the caption, "Thank You, Guys. This Is What You Made Me Look Like After The Win. Congrats To Everyone And For The Fans Aswell! The Victory Is Yours.”
Thank You Guys🙏🏼❤️👏!This Is What You Made Me Look Like After The Win 💯🔥❤️💪🏿!Congrats To Everyone And For The Fans Aswell!The Victory Is Urs ❤️💯💯👏👏#NCSpecial #TeamKotoko #One❤️ pic.twitter.com/9bVm9kRkrR— Felix Annan (@van_felix12) June 16, 2019
The Kumasi based club will face Karela United in the final of the stop-gap competition after the Anyinase based club defeated Ashantigold in the other semifinal.
The winner of the competition gets to represent Ghana in the CAF Champions League.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- CAF adopts one-leg finals for club competitions
- Real Zaragoza sign Raphael Dwamena from Levante
- Caf expands Women's AFCON to 12 teams
- Tunisia v Nigeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Blatter labels Samoura's Caf move 'colonialist'
- Pernell Whitaker was unique - Eddie Pappoe
- #AFCON Offside: Ismailia, the beautiful city without V8 [Photos]
- Ghana Football Awards billboards hit town
- Marc Batchelor: South African former footballer shot dead
- Meeting to discuss start of 2019/20 league season called off
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon fire Seedorf after knockout failure
- AFCON 2019: This generation is better than mine - Aliou Cisse
- Azumah pays tribute to former opponent Whitaker
- Pernell 'SweetPea' Whitaker, vanquisher of Azumah Nelson, dies in car accident
- Caf boss Ahmad paid expenses for same days but different countries