Mali produced a dominant display to beat tournament debutants Mauritania at the Africa Cup of Nations.
Abdoulay Diaby drilled a powerful effort into the top corner from 25 yards to give the Eagles the lead.
A Moussa Marega penalty and a strike from Monaco's Adama Traore increased Mali's advantage, before Moctar Sidi El Hacen pulled a goal back from the spot.
Metz's Adama Traore, on for his namesake, completed the scoring, curling in from the edge of the box.
Mauritania, taking part in the tournament for the first time in their history, started brightly in Suez but the result was rarely in doubt after Diaby's sublime opener.
The minnows take on Angola in their next Group E game on Saturday, while Mali face Tunisia on Friday
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: Ighalo hands Nigeria bronze
- Atletico Madrid sign Tottenham defender Kieran Trippier
- Kotoko midfielder Kwame Bonsu completes move to Esperance
- CAF adopts one-leg finals for club competitions
- Real Zaragoza sign Raphael Dwamena from Levante
- Caf expands Women's AFCON to 12 teams
- Tunisia v Nigeria: kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Blatter labels Samoura's Caf move 'colonialist'
- Pernell Whitaker was unique - Eddie Pappoe
- #AFCON Offside: Ismailia, the beautiful city without V8 [Photos]
- Ghana Football Awards billboards hit town
- Marc Batchelor: South African former footballer shot dead
- Meeting to discuss start of 2019/20 league season called off
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon fire Seedorf after knockout failure
- AFCON 2019: This generation is better than mine - Aliou Cisse