Africa’s leading digital TV operator StarTimes has announced that they will broadcast live the 2018–19 Copa Del Rey final between Barcelona and Valencia on May 25 2019.
StarTimes sealed a deal with the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) to acquire TV rights to the cup final.
The game scheduled to take place at the Benito Villamarín Stadium in Seville will be exclusive to World Football Channel on the StarTimes decoder and mobile App.
La Liga Champions Barcelona will be looking to seal a fifth straight success when they face off with Valencia in the final.
Valencia, on the other hand, secured Champions League football for the second year running by winning 2-0 at Real Valladolid at the weekend, clinching fourth place in La Liga at the expense of Getafe.
“We are delighted to be bringing to our subscribers the final of the Spanish football’s premier cup competition.”
“We are committed to giving our cherished subscribers more and more of great content and this is not an exception.” Director of TV StarTimes Ghana, George Lomotey said.
“I will like to take this opportunity to call on all media houses to desist from pirating the content to avoid legal actions against them. StarTimes has exclusive rights in this territory and will sue any offender who infringes upon our copyrights.”
StarTimes is the leading digital TV operator in Africa, serving nearly 20 million users with a signal covering the whole continent and a massive distribution network of 200 brand halls, 10,000 convenience stores and 15,000 distributors in 30 countries. StarTimes owns a featured content platform, with 480 authorized channels consisting of news, movies, series, sports, entertainment, children's programs, etc. The company's vision is "To ensure that every African family can access, afford, watch and share the beauty of digital TV". StarTimes achieves this by combining satellite and terrestrial DTV systems as well as OTT services to provide an open and secure digital wireless platform. The company provides a robust signal transmission service for public and private broadcasters, offers consumers outstanding Pay-TV programs, online video service, terminals, door-to-door service and flexible payment. In particular, The “StarTimes ON” App provides data-saving live TV and VOD service in high definition. Find out more about StarTimes ON at startimestv.com
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Zidane denies showing Bale disrespect
- Hearts of Oak decide against renewing Malik Akowuah's contract
- Ronaldo will not face charges over alleged rape
- Hearts of Oak release goalkeeper Ernest Sowah
- Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on loan
- Betway Talent Search 2019: Desire FC win Northern Zone
- 'Zidane is a disgrace!' - Bale's agent slams Real Madrid boss
- Ghana Football Awards: Partey retains Footballer of the Year crown
- Pacquiao beats Thurman on points to take WBA Super welterweight title
- CAF Competitions: Kotoko set for Nigerian challenge and Ashgold get Equatoguinean opponents
- Herve Renard resigns as Morocco coach
- Sports Minister to brief parliament on AFCON2019
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid