StarTimes, Africa’s leading digital TV operator is scheduled to broadcast live the Otumfuo Osei Tutu II commemorative Cup match on Sunday, May 26th 2019.
The game which will feature two of Africa’s football giants, Kumasi Asante Kotoko of Ghana and Asec Mimosas of Cote D’ Ivoire will be aired on Adepa TV channel 247 and Sports Focus channel 240 to give a wider audience from across the continent for the spectacle.
The match scheduled to take place at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium in Kumasi is in commemoration of the 20th Anniversary celebration of Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, who ascended the throne 20 years ago.
As part of plans to honour the great King of the Asante Kingdom and his people, StarTimes joined forces with organizers of the game to give it the needed support and international recognition.
StarTimes has in recent times signed deals with Kotoko to produce their home games of the CAF Confederation Cup tournament as well as their preparatory games in efforts to support the local game.
StarTimes is the leading digital TV operator in Africa, serving nearly 20 million users with a signal covering the whole continent and a massive distribution network of 200 brand halls, 10,000 convenience stores and 15,000 distributors in 30 countries. StarTimes owns a featured content platform, with 480 authorized channels consisting of news, movies, series, sports, entertainment, children's programs, etc. The company's vision is "To ensure that every African family can access, afford, watch and share the beauty of digital TV". StarTimes achieves this by combining satellite and terrestrial DTV systems as well as OTT services to provide an open and secure digital wireless platform. The company provides a robust signal transmission service for public and private broadcasters, offers consumers outstanding Pay-TV programs, online video service, terminals, door-to-door service and flexible payment. In particular, The “StarTimes ON” App provides data-saving live TV and VOD service in high definition. Find out more about StarTimes ON at startimestv.com.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Zidane denies showing Bale disrespect
- Hearts of Oak decide against renewing Malik Akowuah's contract
- Ronaldo will not face charges over alleged rape
- Hearts of Oak release goalkeeper Ernest Sowah
- Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on loan
- Betway Talent Search 2019: Desire FC win Northern Zone
- 'Zidane is a disgrace!' - Bale's agent slams Real Madrid boss
- Ghana Football Awards: Partey retains Footballer of the Year crown
- Pacquiao beats Thurman on points to take WBA Super welterweight title
- CAF Competitions: Kotoko set for Nigerian challenge and Ashgold get Equatoguinean opponents
- Herve Renard resigns as Morocco coach
- Sports Minister to brief parliament on AFCON2019
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid