The Ghana cedi for the third-day running strengthened in value against the US dollar and the other major foreign currencies.
It is now going for ¢12.80 on the average to the American ‘greenback’, according to checks by Joy Business at some foreign bureaus.
The local currency is also selling at ¢12.85 to the euro and ¢15.00 to the British pound respectively.
It appears the continuous weakening of the dollar against major foreign currencies and clarity on Ghana’s debt restructuring programme is helping the cedi to improve in value against the US dollar.
Therefore, the rate of depreciation of the cedi has narrowed to about 48%.
Last week, the local currency gained 3.12% against the dollar, 0.88% to the pound and 3.79% versus the euro on the retail market.
Cedi sold at ¢13 to dollar yesterday
The cedi sold at ¢13.00 on the average at most forex bureaus on December 8, 2022.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- Full text: Finance Minister’s speech on DDEP deadline eve
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Disregard allegations that Haruna Iddrisu sold out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Gospel artiste OJ Blaq wants to be featured on secular concerts
- We need reduction in appointees, not reshuffle – Dr Amoako Baah tells Akufo-Addo
- Economist advises individual bondholders not to invest in DDEP
- My dad, Culture, never died on stage in Germany – Kenyatta Hill
- 3 persons remanded over alleged kidnapping
- 28 of 47 students of Ejuraman Anglican SHS discharged from Hospital
- I’m your biggest fan – DJ Khaled tells Tems
- Akufo-Addo nominates Abetifi MP for Agric Ministry
- Bole: Family of murdered herdsman demand justice, appeals to CJ
- Death in a military operation is not unexpected – Security Analyst on Bawku killings
- Tems speaks on Grammy win, working with Future, Drake, others
- Bank manager arrested for ‘hoarding’ new Nigerian notes
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Kenyan school shaves off female students’ long hair