A 14-year-old Indonesian girl has been getting a lot of attention on social media thanks to her unusual pets – six giant pythons that she loves to pet and cuddle in her videos.
Most people would run for their life at the sight of a full-grown python, especially one that looks like it could swallow an adult human with ease, but Chalwa Ismah Kamal isn’t most people.
The 14-year-old teenager, who reportedly hails from Purworejo, Central Java, shares her home with six massive pythons and appears to have no concern for her safety when she’s around them.
Photos and videos of the Indonesian girl playing, bathing and cuddling with the giant reptiles have been going viral on TikTok and Instagram and leaving viewers with their mouths wide open.
Not much is known about Chalwa and how she came to live with the six pythons, but she allegedly told an Indonesian website Lampung77 that she has been taking care of her pet snakes since she was only 4 and feels no fear whatsoever when she is around them.
Although people regularly express their concerns for Chalwa’s safety in the thousands of comments she gets on her videos, the girl does her best to explain that her pets are not poisonous, that they are tame and that snakes in general are victims of negative stereotypes.
It’s not just Chalwa who feels completely comfortable surrounded by massive pythons; her younger brother appears in some of the viral videos as well, and he looks just as carefree.
Chalwa Ismah Kamal only started uploading snake videos to Instagram late last month, but judging by the response she has been getting in such a short amount of time, she’ll probably be doing it for a long time.
- Takoradi woman in latest fake kidnapping jailed 6 years
- What are the 53 phone models that WhatsApp no longer supports?
- Archbishop of Canterbury, others oppose Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill, pledge to engage with Archbishop of Ghana
- Alajo coup plot: You cannot travel to Kenya – Court declines Agordzo’s request
- My employee became my landlord at a point in my career – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
- Parliament’s debate on Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill and MPs’ vote to be made public
- 5 NDC MPs file motion to probe Akufo-Addo’s use of chartered flights for foreign travels
- Madina MP files contempt charges against police officers involved in Monday’s protest
- #NSMQonJoy: St. Thomas Aquinas SHS makes it to one-eighth stage with 49 points
- It’s not everyone who can be entrepreneur – CEO of Websoft Solutions Limited
Anti-LGBT bill: Insults, curses, and threats have no place in a secular democratic republic – Group of 18
CWG Ghana partners Centelon to host data quality management webinar
Tourism Minister anticipates $2bn to be made from ‘Beyond the Return’ this year
Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Homosexuality does not pose a public health threat – Group of 18
Mason sentenced to 18 years for robbing mobile money vendor
Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Redirect energy towards protecting children against sexual violence – Group petitions Parliament
Unemployed man gets 14 years for stealing plantain and cassava
A woman pope? Meet the feminists trying to save the Catholic Church
Police gun down 2 robbers, injure 1 in criminal cell raid
LGBTQI+ activities are illegal in 69 UN member states – Report
World Cup Qualifiers: Broos names provisional squad for crucial Zimbabwe and Ghana encounters
15 Assembly members and others granted bail for cursing Regional Minister
Akufo-Addo declares his support for first female vice-chancellor of UG
Livestream: Ashanti Regional NPP holds Delegates’ Conference
Former Kotoko striker Kwame Opoku warns Hearts not to underrate Saoura