Two people have died after a building collapsed in south-east China on Friday, Chinese state media report.
At least 14 others are thought to be trapped under the rubble of the six-storey structure in Changsha city, Hunan province.
Nine people have been rescued but 39 others are missing.
There are allegations that the building’s surveyors may have written a false safety report and eleven people have been arrested.
In a video posted on state media, emergency response expert Liang Buge said the two victims had been “pinned down by heavy objects” and there was “no way to move them”.
Earlier in the day, state media reported that a woman had been rescued from the rubble.
Video footage on state media showed a person wrapped in a thick blanket being transported into an ambulance on a stretcher.
Weak safety and construction standards, along with corruption among local officials, have led to a number of building collapses in China.
Earlier this year, at least 16 people died after an explosion, triggered by a suspected gas leak, brought down a building in Chongquing.
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham
- One injured in gas station fire at Katamanso
- Premier League: Watkins winner piles more misery on 10-man Chelsea
- Premier League: Arsenal and Tottenham play out thrilling derby draw
- Playback: The Law discusses how to avoid contempt of court
- D-Black’s TV show, Uncut, hits the screens in November
- Leaked tape scandal: Supt. George Asare invites 3 witnesses to testify against IGP
- Radio Ada journalist on trial over publication of fake news about McDan is dead
- Kwame Dadzie: Our celebrities should stage ‘demo’ on creative arts matters too
- Tigst Assefa smashes world marathon record in Berlin, Eliud Kipchoge achieves record fifth win
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black