Ecobank Group has announced the finalists from its 2020 Ecobank Fintech Challenge.
The challenge, in its third edition, is designed to deepen collaboration between Ecobank and Fintechs with Africa focused products.
The 10 finalists Fintechs from seven different countries, who emerged from a competitive pool of over 600 fintechs, will participate in an online Finale scheduled for August 21, 2020.
The 2020 Finalists are Always In-Touch Real-time ( South Africa), Fluid AI (India), Franc Group (South Africa), Growth Factor (Ghana), Leaf Global Corporation (Rwanda), Moja Ride (Ivory Coast), Nokwary Technologies Limited (Ghana), Papersoft S.A (Mozambique), Ukheshe Payment Solutions (South Africa), PayChap Technologies (Tanzania).
The Finalists will pitch their products to a jury for the cash prizes for the top 3, worth $10,000, $7,000, and $5,000.
All the finalists will be enrolled into Ecobank’s Fintech Fellowship where they will spend the next 6 months exploring partnership opportunities which include:
- Multinational product roll out: An opportunity to pursue collaboration with Ecobank and possibly launch products in Ecobank’s 33 African markets.
- Service provider partnerships: A chance to become a pan-African service partner to Ecobank for Fintechs with the qualities to become product partners and offer joint services with Ecobank
- Mentoring and networking support: Access to networking and mentoring opportunities within the Ecobank Group and its vast network of global and African partners
- Integration with existing Ecobank digital offerings: An opportunity to potentially integrate with Ecobank’s existing digital offerings.
Eddy Ogbogu, Group Executive, Operations and Technology said, “We congratulate the 10 Fintechs that have made it to the 2020 Finals.
“This is an impressive cast of innovators and we look forward to the Final event where we will honour them and potentially build productive collaborations.”
The Ecobank Fintech Challenge is designed in partnership with the advisory firm Konfidants and is supported by partners across Africa and globally.
- CCTV footage shows final moment of student-journalist who was killed in a hotel
- Armed robbers kill police officer, eyewitness and injure bullion van driver at James Town
- We’ll stop escorting your cash if you don’t acquire armoured bullion vans – IGP warns banks
- Nkrumah was playful, not a dictator – Former lady-in-waiting to Fathia Nkrumah
- Government to borrow ¢2.9bn in fresh funds between June and August 2021
- Bullion van attack at James Town: IGP directs CID to take over investigation
- GPL: Asante Kotoko beat Inter Allies in five-goal thriller
- Former dance champion, Alex Ofori, dead
- Bankers Association to hold emergency meeting over carting of currencies across country
- Tiwa is not my wife – Yaw Sarpong reacts to rumours
Strikes work, it is a very strong tool – Ofosu Asamoah
Lawyer for Achimota Rasta students resigns from NDC
Families of 2020 election violence victims in Techiman to get 4-bedroom houses
Livestream: Appointments Committee vets Herbert Krapa, Mark Okraku Mantey and 2 others
Green Ghana Project: Stonebwoy, Dentaa join Royal Senchi to plant trees
Lawyer disputes voices on audio in treason trial
Live updates: Herbert Krapa, Okraku Mantey and 2 other Deputy Ministers-designate face Appointments Committee
Appointments Committee vets Mark Okraku Mantey, Herbert Krapa and 2 others today
Don’t be in haste to appoint interim management for TOR – Energy Minister cautioned
Apologise for false allegations or face lawsuit – Lawyers of Societe Generale Board Chairperson to PPP
Uncle Ebo Whyte: Unwritten rules men live by
Ghana drawn in Pool D for Billie Jean King Cup
Playback: Graphic Business/Stanbic Bank Breakfast meeting
KNUST resumes work as Senior Staff call off strike
Agriculture Minister petitioned to reform fertilizer subsidy scheme