Two teachers at the Ahamanso Islamic Senior High School have been arrested by the Kadjebi District Police for attempting to leak Monday’s English Language paper two.
The external supervisor from the West African Examination Council, Ephraim Nukpertsi upon reaching the examination centre saw Musah Mohammed, aged 33 taking pictures of the examination question paper with his Techno Spark4 mobile phone.
Musah Mohammed is a Mathematics teacher scheduled for invigilation at the centre on Monday, but mentioned one Felix Ocloo, aged 32, an English Language teacher as an accomplice who asked him to take the pictures.
The two were arrested and put before the Kadjebi District Magistrates Court on Wednesday where Musah Mohammed pleaded guilty to the offence and was sentenced to 65 penalty units, in default serve three months in prison in hard labour.
The accomplice, Felix Ocloo pleaded not guilty to the charge. He is scheduled to reappear on the 11th of October 2021 for his case to be heard.
Meanwhile, the West African Examination Council (WAEC) says it has rescheduled Physics 2 and 1 and Business Management 2 and 1 papers in the ongoing West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for candidates.
“A new date for the scheduled papers will be communicated in due course,” Mr George Ohene-Mantey, Head of Test Administration Division, WAEC, said at a press conference in Accra on Wednesday.
Although the Council did not assign reasons for the rescheduling of the papers, Mr Ohene-Mantey said after the administration of the test and careful scrutiny of the several versions received, indications were that “extract of part of the questions for Mathematics (Elective) 2 and Section ‘A’ English Language 2 were circulated on some social media platforms.”
He said, “the cheating social media groups were in full swing prior to the conduct of the Mathematics (Elective) and English Language Papers on September 9th and 13, this year respectively.”
- Reckless driver in viral video fails to appear in court after falling sick
- ‘I only met Godfred Dame to discuss Law School issues’ – Justice Dotse fights off Opuni bias claims
- I doubt impartiality of Justice Dotse; he should recuse himself – Opuni
- Court grants ‘Jesus Ahuofe’ ¢100k bail over Shatta Wale hoax shooting
- Sudan general declares state of emergency amid coup
- 37th ICAG Graduation Ceremony: female UEW graduate adjudged overall best candidate
- Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
- Oyibi, Apollonia, Awoshie and other areas to experience power interruption
- Madina MP leads constituents to demonstrate over deplorable roads
- Thousands throng El-Wak stadium for Ghana Immigration Service screening
Re-nominated DCE of Adaklu fails second attempt
Treason: We don’t want to fail, it must happen – Dr Mac Palm
Message from the Morning Man: Pay for Pain
Stop begging for arrested criminals – Police to Politicians
SYND-Ghana hosts Pre-COP26 Youth Summit on climate change
There was about 1million vote difference between presidential and parliamentary results – Otokunor alleges
I blame EC for the 8 deaths recorded in 2020 elections – Otokunor
Delay in sanctioning culprits for deaths recorded in 2020 election worrying – Dr Pumpuni Asante
Ballot stuffing claims by NDC ‘bogus’ – Peter Mac Manu
EC reducing cost of elections per voter to $7.70 incorrect – Peter Otokunor
Streaming platforms do not properly represent massive support we give to our local musicians – Kwame Berko
2021 AFCON: Teams can have up to 28 players in squad
Confederation Cup is an opportunity for us to redeem themselves – Opare Addo
We reject Mahama’s scoring of 2020 elections as one of the worst – EC
I will cite the police for contempt of Parliament – Francis Sosu