Ghana left-back, Baba Rahman, says playing at the 2022 World Cup with the Black Stars was a nice experience.
The 28-year-old started the game against Portugal and made a substitute appearance in the South Korea game before playing the full 90 minutes versus Uruguay as the Black Stars fell off in the group phase.
Baba has been hugely vilified for his performances in the tournament and how he was selected ahead of AJ Auxerre’s Gideon Mensah.
On his return to Reading, UK for club football, the Black Stars defender explained that playing at the World cup means coming up against superstars like Cristiano Ronaldo and Son Heung-min.
“I mean, that’s what the World Cup is meant for. You have to play against the best players in the world,” he told Reading media in an interview.
“So, it was a nice experience playing against them, but I mean, I’ve played against Son several times when we played in Germany, so it was a nice experience.”
Touching on Reading’s game on Saturday against Coventry, he said: “It’s always nice I mean having a home game and I’m looking forward to this weekend and hopefully we can get the three points.”
Baba Rahman is playing for Reading in the Championship on loan from Premier League side, Chelsea.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- Full text: Finance Minister’s speech on DDEP deadline eve
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Disregard allegations that Haruna Iddrisu sold out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Gospel artiste OJ Blaq wants to be featured on secular concerts
- We need reduction in appointees, not reshuffle – Dr Amoako Baah tells Akufo-Addo
- Economist advises individual bondholders not to invest in DDEP
- My dad, Culture, never died on stage in Germany – Kenyatta Hill
- 3 persons remanded over alleged kidnapping
- 28 of 47 students of Ejuraman Anglican SHS discharged from Hospital
- I’m your biggest fan – DJ Khaled tells Tems
- Akufo-Addo nominates Abetifi MP for Agric Ministry
- Bole: Family of murdered herdsman demand justice, appeals to CJ
- Death in a military operation is not unexpected – Security Analyst on Bawku killings
- Tems speaks on Grammy win, working with Future, Drake, others
- Bank manager arrested for ‘hoarding’ new Nigerian notes
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Kenyan school shaves off female students’ long hair