Some four people have been injured after an uncompleted building around Airport collapsed, Saturday.
The injured were working on the building when it collapsed Joy News' Joseph Opoku Gakpo reported.
They however sustained minor injuries and were rushed to the hospital.
The collapsed building is located between Holiday Inn and Marina Mall around Airport in Accra. It is one of the imposing structures around the area.
The cause of the collapse is yet to be ascertained but officials of the National Disaster Management Organisation have ordered that work on the building be stopped pending an investigation into the collapse.
The building belongs to Empire Concrete but the contractors are Ferreira Building Power.
Director of Relief and Reconstruction at NADMO, Mr. Gavivina Tamakloe said NADMO will do an integrity assessment of the building after which a decision will be made.
- Takoradi woman in latest fake kidnapping jailed 6 years
- What are the 53 phone models that WhatsApp no longer supports?
- Alajo coup plot: You cannot travel to Kenya – Court declines Agordzo’s request
- Archbishop of Canterbury, others oppose Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill, pledge to engage with Archbishop of Ghana
- My employee became my landlord at a point in my career – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
- Parliament’s debate on Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill and MPs’ vote to be made public
- Social media reacts to Shatta Wale and Medikal bail
- NSMQ 2021 national championship starts today
- 5 NDC MPs file motion to probe Akufo-Addo’s use of chartered flights for foreign travels
- Madina MP files contempt charges against police officers involved in Monday’s protest
15 Assembly members and others granted bail for cursing Regional Minister
Akufo-Addo declares his support for first female vice-chancellor of UG
Livestream: Ashanti Regional NPP holds Delegates’ Conference
Former Kotoko striker Kwame Opoku warns Hearts not to underrate Saoura
Government provides funds to complete first phase of KNUST Teaching Hospital
I want to wear the jersey of Kotoko – Asamoah Gyan hints at possible last dance with ‘childhood’ club
Ofori-Atta to present 2022 Budget on Nov. 17
Prayer camps should be incentivised to bring breast cancer patients to hospital – Okoe Boye
South Sudan Sports Minister calls on Executive Director of National Service Scheme
‘Supreme Court was afraid, didn’t do justice to election petition hearing’ – Kpessa-Whyte
Provide strategic direction to IGP to build a professional service – Akufo-Addo charges Police Council
Inter-ministerial AU-ECOWAS Consultative workshop on implementing CSVRA, CSVMS opens in Accra
‘God is alive’ – Shatta Wale speaks after being granted bail
New Vice-Chancellor appeals to Akufo-Addo to help clear UG’s loans
Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Anyimadu-Antwi backs Speaker’s decision to make sitting public