A 44-year-old man has been arrested for impersonation and unlawful possession of a firearm in the Ashanti region.
The suspect, Richard Nyantakyi, was arrested by the District Police Commander of Asokwa, Superintendent Christian Owusu Mpinim, on Saturday.
According to the police report, the District Commander was driving from Barekese to Abrepo when he spotted the suspect in a dress that looked like a Police uniform with a pump-action gun directing traffic at the Asuofua lorry station.
The suspect, when confronted, claimed to be a policeman stationed at Suame.
But upon further interrogation, including being asked to provide his service number, Mr Nyantakyi could not give it.
The suspect was subsequently detained, and the gun was retained for further action.
- Reckless driver in viral video to appear in court today
- Colombia’s most wanted drug lord Otoniel captured
- Iranian governor slapped in the face during public speech
- I love security issues – Henry Quartey on why he didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister
- NCA backtracks on Radio Gold, others not having their original frequencies
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak drop to Confederations Cup after being thrashed by Wydad
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak poised to make history ahead of second leg against Wydad
- Agric Minister stopped my bid to introduce fertiliser manufacturing plant – Entrepreneur
- I resigned from Shatta Movement when Shatta Wale started misbehaving – Ken Addy
- I didn’t prevent anyone from building fertiliser manufacturing plant – Agric Minister
Sudan general declares state of emergency amid coup
African Union dismayed over Sudan coup
Reckless driver in viral video fails to appear in court after falling sick
Appointment of Phuthuma Nhleko as non-executive Chairman of Tullow Oil plc
Livestream: Akufo-Addo launches National Alternative Livelihood Programme
Societe Generale continues outstanding performance, profit up 51% to ¢142m in September 2021
Court grants ‘Jesus Ahuofe’ ¢100k bail over Shatta Wale hoax shooting
GCB records 17.8% growth in profit in quarter 3 2021 but NPLs shoot up
Herbalife Nutrition honoured for outstanding HR Management Practices at 2021 HR Focus Awards
Parliament resumes sitting on Oct. 26
EU wants Sudan’s transition ‘back on track’
Twelve injured in Khartoum clashes – reports
Master act of controlling the pressure -Former NSMQ winner advises contestants as finals begin on Oct. 26
GPL: Five substitutes allowed for 2021/22 season
UN calls for release of Sudan civilian leaders