Five persons have died while 14 others have been injured in an accident at Gomoa Antseadze on the Kasoa – Cape Coast road, Saturday.
According to Adom News’ Seth Ankomah Adjei, five people died on the spot while the 14 others who sustained various degrees of injuries were rushed to the Apam Government Hospital.
The accident which occurred this morning is said to have caused a lot of traffic on the road as officers of the police and National Fire Service were called to the scene to control the situation.
The accident involved an articulator truck with registration number AS 8726-10 and a Toyota mini bus with registration number GX 3045-18.
Eyewitnesses say the truck was trying to overtake the vehicle in front of it and ended up colliding into the minibus with 19 passengers on board.
The passengers were members of the Good Shepherd Methodist Church in Takoradi who were attending the funeral of one of their members in Agona, the Apam District Police Commander DSP Moses Osakonor said.
Four persons have been referred to the Cape Coast Teaching Hospital while 10 other persons are still on admission at Apam Government Hospital.
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA and KFC over debt
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- ECG recovers GH¢18.5m out of GH¢46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Dismiss hangers-on appointees at Presidency – Asiedu Nketia tells Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo’s promises have turned out to be scam – Asiedu Nketia
- Pregnant woman fills potholes on Obuasi road
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Slut Boy Billy: a rap prodigy breaking norms, making strides
- Why the Tema Motorway is a death trap
- Peter Obi kicks off legal challenge to Nigeria election result
- Dr Akoto Osei’s death a shock to the whole nation – Speaker
- Gwyneth Paltrow expected to appear in court over ski crash case
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- Davido is back with new album ‘Timeless’, set for March 31
- GALARY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Female farmers less likely to leave crop residues to decompose – KNUST research
- Drivers in Kumasi speed on weekends – Research reveals
- Implement existing laws to protect consumer – CUTS urges regulators
- Ghana’s “investment hub” agenda demands an open-minded tax administration
- Investors in government securities must be protected – Dr Adu Anane tells regulators
- Ayorkor Botchwey cuts sod for construction of Foreign Ministry annex