Audio By Carbonatix
Nine students of the Mpraeso Senior High School in the Kwahu South District of the Eastern Region are said to be in isolation over suspected Covid-19 infection.
This is according to the Kwahu South Director of Education, Ofosu Kwakye, who explained that the students’ samples have been taken as they await their test results.
“They have been isolated from the rest of the students with the samples sent to Accra for confirmation so we know the situation,” he disclosed on Accra-based Citi FM.
He also gave the assurance that adequate steps were being taken to ensure the safety of the remaining students as well as the isolated students.
This comes on the back of the confirmation of eight cases which includes six students, a teacher and his spouse in Accra Girls, a case in Konongo Wesley SHS, and another in Bechem Presec.
Since President Akufo-Addo gave a special dispensation for final year Senior High Schools (SHS) to return to school on Monday June 22, 2020, a number of Covid-19 cases have been reported in some schools.
Schools had been closed for almost 10 weeks as part of measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.
However, the reopening as part of efforts in easing restrictions became necessary to prepare for their final examinations.
Latest Stories
-
Police assessing Stansted Airport private flights over Epstein ties
1 hour -
Nine arrested in France over death of far-right student
1 hour -
EPA to probe seizure of over 200 suspected galamsey machines at Tema port
1 hour -
Ghana–Russia Center, Kuban Agrarian University seal deal to advance agricultural innovation
2 hours -
Mahama opens maiden Tree Crop Investment Summit, pushes value addition and jobs
2 hours -
Police recover five assault rifles after Bono shootout, one suspect killed
2 hours -
Nana B slams Special Prosecutor over presidential primaries investigations
2 hours -
The ‘Ghana Must Go’ bag of integrity: 3 police officers return GH₵85k
2 hours -
Ghana must help Burkina Faso tackle terror threat – Expert says
2 hours -
Police return GH¢85,000 found on Techiman–Kumasi highway to owner
2 hours -
NSA assures service personnel of prompt payment of outstanding allowances
2 hours -
The Wahala Playbook: A quintessential guide to burying national scandals with internet gossip
2 hours -
Burkina Faso attack: Travel advisory insufficient, urgent security measures needed – Samuel Jinapor
2 hours -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Decision-Making Speed and Quality.
4 hours -
Emmanuel Bedzrah cuts sod for 17 educational infrastructure projects in Ho West
4 hours
