Audio By Carbonatix
The Rolling Stones have warned US President Donald Trump that he could face legal action if he continues using their songs at his campaign rallies.
A statement from the band's legal team said it was working with the performing rights organisation, the BMI, to stop the unauthorised use of their music.
The Trump campaign used the song You Can't Always Get What You Want at last week's rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
The same song was used by the Trump campaign during the 2016 US election.
"The Rolling Stones do not endorse Donald Trump," the band tweeted in 2016.
In a statement released on Saturday, representatives for the group said that "further steps to exclude" Mr Trump from using Rolling Stones material in future presidential campaigning was necessary after previous "cease and desist directives" had been ignored.
The BMI has reportedly notified the Trump campaign on behalf of the Stones that the use of their songs without permission will constitute a breach of its licensing agreement, and would be subject to legal action.
In April, the Rolling Stones - fronted by 76-year-old singer Sir Mick Jagger - released their first new single in eight years, Living In A Ghost Town.
Earlier this month, the family of rock musician Tom Petty issued a cease and desist letter to the Trump campaign over the unauthorised use of his song I Won't Back Down at the Tulsa rally.
In a statement posted on Twitter, the family said that the late artist would "never want a song of his used for a campaign of hate".
— Tom Petty (@tompetty) June 21, 2020
Petty died in 2017 of an accidental drug overdose after taking painkillers, aged 66.
Campaigning will continue in the coming months as Mr Trump prepares to face Democratic Party nominee Joe Biden in November's presidential election.
Latest Stories
-
I’ve spent 2 days in SWAT unit; it’s not a place anyone should be – Bullgod
3 minutes -
Defamation and rap diss culture in Ghana: A study of Drake vs UMG Recordings Inc.
9 minutes -
Terrorist attack on Ghanaian tomato traders in Burkina Faso prompts national security reset in Ghana
10 minutes -
NDC insists EC heads must go despite petition dismissal
11 minutes -
Nana Agyei Baffour Awuah calls for law to standardise prima facie cases
27 minutes -
Cocoa Farmers in Western North demonstrate over price cut
31 minutes -
Australian presenter apologises for drinking before slurred Olympics report
38 minutes -
Let history record it right: Name the Radio Univers newsroom after Dr Alhaji Abubakari Sidick Ahmed
43 minutes -
I’m a traditionalist and herbalist – Kwaw Kese
1 hour -
Police crack down on wanted robbery gang in Ashanti Region, 3 suspects arrested
1 hour -
Learn and lead with humility – Chairman of insurance retirees forum advises
1 hour -
Beyond the Cold: Debunking a dangerous myth of pneumonia in Ghana and around the world
1 hour -
Shatta Wale – Stonebwoy brawl at 2019 VGMA: Bullgod details what actually happened
2 hours -
ECOWAS backs full probe into killing of Ghanaian traders in Burkina Faso attack
2 hours -
President Mahama signs 24-Hour Economy Authority bill into law
2 hours
