Audio By Carbonatix
The National Sports Authority (NSA) has withdrawn the new charges it introduced for the use of the Accra Sports Stadium.
The charges have been withdrawn, barely 24 hours after an announcement was made.
In a statement signed by Director-General, Prof. Peter Twumasi, the NSA said the “charges of the usage of the Accra Sports Stadium has been withdrawn following further consultation with the Sector Minister [Isaac Asiamah] and also taking into consideration some concerns raised by the affected clubs.”

Kotoko and Hearts, who will be using the facility for the upcoming season, were the worst affected clubs.
The earlier statement had said matches between Hearts and Kotoko would have been under category A, and matches involving these two clubs against any other opposition were grouped under category B, with the home team to have been charged GH¢20,000 per match.
Other clubs such as Inter Allies, Legon Cities and Great Olympics and other Division One Clubs that will be using the venue had been categorised at C and were to pay GH¢15,000 for the venue.
The Ghana Premier League will commence on November 13.
Latest Stories
-
The six KNUST air quality ambassadors championing clean air action across Ghana and West Africa
2 hours -
Big motivation if people want Spurs down – De Zerbi
2 hours -
West Ham relegation may cost London taxpayers £2.5m
2 hours -
Leeds promise bans over homophobic chants
2 hours -
Mahama recused himself over Damang Mine deal – Kwakye Ofosu rejects Ibrahim state capture claims
2 hours -
What is wrong with us? We celebrate buildings but neglect the systems that keep cities alive
2 hours -
Neymar included in Brazil’s 26-man World Cup squad
3 hours -
Why Ghana’s export story is no longer about raw cocoa
3 hours -
Man City preparing for Guardiola departure
3 hours -
The paradox of plenty: How Ghana’s farmers are being sacrificed on the altar of a cheap import agenda
3 hours -
Defence Ministry in ‘safe hands’ despite vacancy – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
3 hours -
Why no Defence Minister yet? – Felix Kwakye Ofosu says Mahama sees no urgency
3 hours -
Sam George petitions AG to probe $3.4m payment for CSA building project
3 hours -
The Abronye Charge Sheet – misuse in plain sight
4 hours -
Carvajal to leave Real Madrid after 23 years
4 hours