Audio By Carbonatix
A shopping trip in Florida has taken an eerie turn after a human skull was discovered in the Halloween section of a charity shop.
An eagle-eyed anthropologist browsing the store on Saturday spotted the skull and suspected it belonged to a human, officials said.
Detectives visited the store and agreed it was likely to be human.
The store owner told investigators the skull had been in a storage unit after being purchased several years ago.
Police in North Fort Myers, around 160 miles (260km) north-west of Miami, and the local medical examiner are now investigating the discovery and will inspect the skull further.
Officials do not believe the case is suspicious.

The Lee County Sheriff's Office made light of the discovery on social media, describing it as a "twist of not-so-humerus events".
Under Florida law, "no person shall knowingly offer to purchase or sell ... any human organ or tissue for valuable consideration".
The statute covers eyes, corneas, kidneys, livers, hearts, lungs, pancreases, bones and skin.
A similar finding was reported in Arizona in September when a human skull was found in a donation box at a Goodwill charity store.
Experts said while the skull was human, it was probably ancient and not associated with any crime.
While the surprise findings in Arizona and Florida may sound creepy, skulls discovered by researchers have captivated anthropologists and shed light on the evolution of humankind.
In 2019, researchers discovered a nearly complete 3.8 million year-old skull in Ethiopia in Africa.
That unearthing was significant because the skull belonged to a species that gave rise to the first early humans.
Latest Stories
-
At Cannes, Almodovar says artists have duty to speak out against ‘monsters’ like Trump
44 seconds -
UK agrees ÂŁ3.7bn trade deal with six Gulf states
25 minutes -
Prince-Osei Owusu nominated for MLS All-Star Game after Montreal Player of the Month award
2 hours -
AFCON U-17: Black Starlets beat South Africa 3-1 but await CAF draw of lots to determine fate
3 hours -
TikTok and YouTube ‘not safe enough’ for kids, says Ofcom
3 hours -
Samsung strike on hold – but the fight isn’t over yet. Why?
3 hours -
US charges Cuba’s RaĂşl Castro with murder over 1996 downing of two planes
3 hours -
A time will come they must step aside – Kwakye Ofosu warns ambitious appointees
3 hours -
2028 jostling won’t save NDC if Mahama government fails – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
4 hours -
ORAL delivering results, more cases ahead – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
4 hours -
SpaceX files for IPO that could make Elon Musk a trillionaire
5 hours -
Spain midfielder Fermin Lopez ruled out of World Cup
5 hours -
Major-minor nations split in World Cup qualifying
5 hours -
Players to cut short French Open interviews in pay row
5 hours -
NATARAJ Art competition inspires young creativity in Ghana
5 hours