Audio By Carbonatix
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will tour Nigeria next month following an invitation by the country's chief of defence staff, a military official has said.
"The visit is to consolidate Nigeria's stronghold at the [Invictus] game and the possibility of hosting the event [in] later years," defence spokesperson Tukur Gusau said in a statement on Sunday.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have a strong relationship with the West African country.
Last year, Nigeria debuted at Prince Harry's Invictus Games, winning gold and bronze medals and becoming the first African country to participate in the event.

The prince launched the Invictus Games, a sport event for military personnel wounded in action, in 2014.
When Nigeria participated in the event in Dusseldorf, Germany, last year, Nigeria's defence minister Mohammed Badaru Abubakar expressed interest in hosting the games, Brig Gen Gusau said.
The exact date for Harry and Meghan's visit is yet to be announced, but they will engage in various activities during the trip, including meeting military members and experiencing local cultural activities.
News of the visit has excited many in Nigeria, where Meghan has ancestral roots.
In 2022, the Duchess of Sussex said that genealogy tests had revealed she is 43% Nigerian.
"Nigeria welcomes our daughter!" one Nigerian said on X, formerly Twitter.
Harry and wife are yet to comment on the invitation.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana placed in Pot 2 ahead of 2027 AFCON qualifying draw
4 minutes -
Elon Musk loses lawsuit against OpenAI
7 minutes -
Four killed in protests during Kenyan strikes over high fuel prices
26 minutes -
Motorists stranded as floods submerge parts of Accra-Cape Coast highway
26 minutes -
Absa Bank supports Holy Trinity SHS students with career guidance and financial literacy
27 minutes -
At least 100 deaths reported in Ebola outbreak in DR Congo as 6 Americans exposed
28 minutes -
Shakira wins ÂŁ50m tax refund from Spanish government
29 minutes -
Gunman kills four and injures eight in Turkey, media reports say
30 minutes -
Former Google CEO Eric Schmidt booed by graduates at mention of AI
30 minutes -
Married at First Sight UK brides tell BBC they were raped by on-screen husbands
30 minutes -
Sam George, Abena Osei Asare clash over poor network service and delays in fixing faults
31 minutes -
Northern region: Police arrest suspect over intimate video circulation
33 minutes -
Judge rules gun, writings are admissible in Luigi Mangione’s New York murder trial
35 minutes -
NDC has endured judicial hostility more than any party – Kwakye Ofosu attacks GBA over alleged bias
37 minutes -
Wontumi pleads not guilty to fraud charges, GH₵30m financial loss to Ghana EXIM Bank
40 minutes