Audio By Carbonatix
Ranking Member of Parliament’s Economy and Development Committee, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, says his main expectation from Thursday’s Mid-Year Budget Review is clarity on how much funding has been released for government’s highly publicised flagship programmes.
According to the Ofoase Ayirebi MP, while at least six initiatives have been launched with fanfare in recent months, “we have reason to believe not much has been released beyond the rhetoric,” making it difficult for sector ministers to implement them and creating frustration among hopeful beneficiaries.
Oppong Nkrumah insists that Finance Minister Dr. Cassiel Ato Forson must “go beyond the headlines” and disclose actual disbursements so far.
Among the major programmes under scrutiny are FeedGhana, the One Million Coders Programme, the National Apprenticeship Programme, Ejumawura, the 24-Hour Economy Initiative, and the Labour Export Programme.
Just last week, the MP called for official documentation on the flagship programmes to be submitted to Parliament to enable proper oversight.
“Clarity from the minister will be helpful,” he told Myjoyonline.com.
Latest Stories
-
Eleven remanded over land guard case activities
4 hours -
Air Force One set for makeover paint job with new colours
4 hours -
Bodo/Glimt stun Inter Milan to continue fairytale
4 hours -
Ga Mantse stable after early morning accident
4 hours -
Pressure mounts as Arsenal blow 2-goal lead to draw at Wolves
4 hours -
Club Brugge fight back to leave Atletico tie delicately poised
5 hours -
Benfica claim ‘defamation campaign’ against Prestianni
5 hours -
Sinner and Alcaraz reach Qatar quarter-finals
5 hours -
Kenpong Travel and Tours to launch 2026 World Cup travel package on Friday
5 hours -
‘It hurts a lot’ – Coutinho announces Vasco exit
5 hours -
Provider – A new gospel anthem of faith, hope, and divine supply
5 hours -
MOBA heads to Accra Ridge for 11th National Conference on Feb 21
5 hours -
Ghana’s Doris Quainoo clocks new PB 8.23s to claim second place at Jarvis City Invite
5 hours -
Spain luxury hotel scammer booked rooms for one cent, police say
6 hours -
Zuckerberg defends Meta in landmark social media addiction trial
6 hours
