Audio By Carbonatix
The Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) has declared Dr Gabriel Tanko Kwamigah‑Atokple, owner of Sesi‑Edem Company Limited, wanted to assist in ongoing investigations into alleged fraud and money laundering.
A statement issued in Accra said Dr Kwamigah‑Atokple is a person of interest in a case involving “defrauding by false pretences and money laundering.”
The investigation stems from a petition submitted in November 2025 by J.G Resources Ltd in collaboration with Unigold Trading LLC, alleging that Sesi‑Edem Company Limited fraudulently obtained funds under the pretext of supplying 50 kilograms of gold valued at GH¢57,759,594.68.
EOCO explained that the probe was being conducted under the Economic and Organised Crime Act, 2010 (Act 804), the Criminal Offences Act, 1960 (Act 29), and the Anti‑Money Laundering Act, 2020 (Act 1044).
The Office noted that Dr Kwamigah‑Atokple was formally invited in November 2025 but failed to honour the invitation.
Preliminary investigations suggested that the company’s bank account contained proceeds of crime. EOCO subsequently froze the account, with the action confirmed on January 30, 2026, to prevent dissipation of funds.
Sesi‑Edem Company Limited later challenged the freezing order in court in February 2026.
However, EOCO maintained that the review “did not fully consider provisions under Section 38 of Act 804, which allows for the preservation of suspected proceeds of crime during investigations.”
The Office clarified that neither the company nor its owner had been formally charged before a competent court, stressing that the matter remained under active investigation.
It cautioned against misrepresentation in sections of the media and reiterated that Dr Kwamigah‑Atokple remained a person of interest required to assist investigators.
“The Directors of the company had refused to comply with lawful requests to appear before the Office,” the statement said, adding that EOCO “would employ all lawful means to locate, identify and arrest the directors to support the investigation.”
EOCO urged the public to cooperate with authorities by providing any relevant information that could assist in the case.
Latest Stories
-
Freddie Blay pledges support for Wontumi’s bid for NPP national chairmanship
6 minutes -
Accra–Tema train derails after collision with cow
12 minutes -
Five houses, nine vehicles buried in Adaklu Mountain mudslide
33 minutes -
India–Africa Forum Summit IV postponed following consultations over health concerns
39 minutes -
We’re in a very good political environment — Dr Nduom after GN Bank licence restitution order
49 minutes -
BoG CRR adjustment vindicates my position – Dr Gideon Boako
53 minutes -
BoG pushes for connected African financial markets to unlock growth
57 minutes -
FTF Impact Summit calls for stronger youth collaboration to drive Ghana’s development
1 hour -
Health Minister assures Ghana has recorded no Ebola cases despite WHO emergency declaration
1 hour -
Over 101,000 students benefit from government’s No Academic Fees Policy – SLTF
1 hour -
NPP supporters in Tarkwa-Nsuaem protest alleged irregularities in internal elections
1 hour -
Adaklu-Helekpe residents gripped by fear following mountain mudslide
1 hour -
Former Attorney-General condemns Abronye DC’s detention after High Court grants bail
1 hour -
Nduom welcomes Court of Appeal ruling restoring GN Savings and Loans licence
1 hour -
Margins Group celebrates NIA@20
1 hour