Chief Executive Officer of the Coastal Development Authority(CODA), Jerry Ahmed Shaib on Thursday, 14th May 2020 cut sod for the construction of a modern market at Ada Kasseh in the Ada East Constituency of the Greater Accra Region.
The move is part of the constituency’s allocation of one million dollars under the Infrastructure for Poverty Eradication Programme (IPEP).
The CEO was assisted by the Ada East District Chief Executive, Sarah Dugbakie Pobee and some traditional leaders of the area to signal the commencement of construction works for the new modern market.
It is expected to accelerate economic and social development by boosting trade, empowering communities and strengthening families in Ada East.
The Ada East Constituency is significantly reliant on the informal sector as most residents are engaged in petty trading, farming, fishing and other informal sector income-earning activities.
Design and specifications
According to Lawyer Jerry Ahmed Shaib, the project is expected to be completed within 6 months by Rock Solution Company Limited.
The new Kasseh Market will have 40 lockable shops with huge open air designed to take about 500 people with sheds and a crèche. In addition, all the shops, crèche and interior structures will be paved as well as the open space.
Other projects by CODA in Ada East
Aside the construction of the new modern market, CODA is currently undertaking other projects in Ada East in the areas of education, health and social inclusion and protection.
In education, CODA has earmarked the construction of a two-storey dormitory block at Ada SHS by Afrach Co Ltd. This is to give students a more conducive accommodation as they pusue their studies at ADASCO.
A new CHPS compound will also be constructed by Mack Sam Co Ltd to improve quality health service delivery to communities.
Towards greater social inclusion and protection, the Coastal Development Authority has awarded the construction of a 20 seater disability WC toilet facility for physically challenged persons to be constructed by Ultimate Impressions. This is in line with CODA’s commitment to eliminate social inequalities and empower the vulnerable in society by making public facilities user-friendly for all sections of society.
CODA is undertaking special development projects in 109 constituencies in six regions namely Greater Accra, Central, Western, Western North, Volta and Oti Regions to accelerate economic and social development. The Authority pursues its mandate through collaboration with MDAs and MMDAs with constant community engagements with traditional leaders and community groups to build consensus.
The Authority is an implementing agency of the Ministry for Special Development Initiatives.
- Writers Guild, studios reach tentative deal, potentially ending monthslong strike that ground Hollywood to a halt
- Russian man imprisoned 22 years ago escapes on the day of his release
- 8 people describe the exact moment they knew they found someone worth the risk
- Bankye ampesi reduces risk of colon cancer
- Stop romanticizing the past so you can enjoy your life
- Woman who held 16 jobs simultaneously for three years never actually did any work
- The 5 potential stages of a breakup, according to relationship experts
- Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu mourns late former MP for Bantama
- What is love bombing and how is it different from falling in love?
- Are You Dealing With a Narcissist or Just a Selfish Jerk?
- Man gored to death by bull at Spanish festival
- Asenso-Boakye mourns former Bantama MP
- Central African Republic’s exiled former president sentenced to life in prison
- Let’s strengthen literacy, numeracy skills in formative years of children – Librarian
- GWCL announces interruption in water supply from Kpong Treatment Plant