Audio By Carbonatix
Some unknown persons have broken into the premises of the Aflao Senior High School (SHS) and dismantled the electricity transformer that feeds the school with power.
The robbers also stole some components from it.
Again, the hoodlums dug out, cut off and made away with the underground cables to the transformer, leaving the school in darkness.
Mr Shadrack Abiuw, headmaster of the school narrating the incident to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) during a visit to the school, said the incident occurred about a week ago and had since left the school in darkness, affecting teaching, and learning activities.
He appealed to the Ketu South Municipal Assembly and the Electricity Company of Ghana to help replace the transformer for smooth academic activities to continue.
Mr Abiuw said since the school began operating some two years ago, no security personnel had been posted to the school and blamed the incident on the situation.
He called on the relevant institutions to ensure the security of the school by sending in some security personnel to forestall those happenings going forward.
Mr Benjamin Obeng Antwi, Volta Regional Public Relations Officer of ECG told the Ghana News Agency, on Thursday that the transformer has been replaced and power supply restored on Wednesday.
He said the area had been recording theft of transformers in recent time and appealed to residents of the enclave to be vigilant and report suspicious characters to the Police, indicating that the replaced transformer could have served a community in need of the same facility.
Latest Stories
-
A decade of dance and a bold 10K dream as Vivies Academy marks 10 years
20 minutes -
GCB’s Linus Kumi: Partnership with Ghana Sports Fund focused on building enduring systems
59 minutes -
Sports is preventive healthcare and a wealth engine for Ghana – Dr David Kofi Wuaku
1 hour -
Ghana Sports Fund Deputy Administrator applauds GCB’s practical training for staff
1 hour -
Ghana Sports Fund strengthens institutional framework with GCB Bank strategic partnership
1 hour -
UBIDS to Complete Abandoned Projects Following GETFund Financial Clearance – Vice Chancellor
2 hours -
Nii Moi Thompson questions Anokye Frimpong’s ‘distorted history’ narratives
3 hours -
Anthony O’Neal set to receive Ghanaian citizenship, prepares to launch ‘Class on the Bus’ Initiative
3 hours -
South Tongu MP inspects GH₵500,000 surgical equipment, supports District Court with logistics
3 hours -
Kpasec 2003 Year Group hosts garden party to rekindle bonds and inspire legacy giving
5 hours -
Financing barriers slowing microgrid expansion in Ghana -Energy Minister
5 hours -
Ghana’s Ambassador to Italy Mona Quartey presents Letters of Credence to Pres. Mattarella
5 hours -
KOSA 2003 Year Group unveils GH¢10m classroom project at fundraising event
5 hours -
Woman found dead at Dzodze
8 hours -
Court blocks Blue Gold move as investors fight alleged plot to strip shareholder rights
8 hours
