Audio By Carbonatix
Samuel Eto'o's agent says the Anzhi Makhachkala striker is unlikely to return to Inter Milan on loan during the Russian league's winter break.
Eto'o, who left Inter for Anzhi in a big money deal in August, was spotted in Milan earlier this week.
"I don't know how this idea came about," Claudio Vigorelli said on Friday.
"It would make Samuel really happy, but there's nothing concrete and we haven't met with Inter.
"Even though I imagine it would please Inter also.
"Anzhi has its program and its friendlies, its strategies in the transfer market.
"It's too early to talk about it. Of course Samu would love to even train in Italy."
The Gazzetta dello Sport reported Eto'o could play nine Serie A matches with Inter in January and February and one Champions League game if they advances from the group stage.
However, Anzhi general director German Chistyakov said on a fan forum website on Thursday that "even in my worst nightmare it is impossible to imagine such a scenario.
"During this period the player, as a total professional, will be preparing for the upcoming, extremely difficult season with Anzhi," Chistyakov added.
Eto'o led Inter with 37 goals in all competitions last season, and the Nerazzurri have struggled without him, gaining just four points in their opening five league games this season.
Inter have also replaced Gian Piero Gasperini with Claudio Ranieri as manager.
"I've been away until today and I don't know anything about this story," Inter president Massimo Moratti said late Thursday.
"Eto'o is well regarded in the changing room but I would say it's 90 percent he won't come."
Moratti added that at the time of Eto'o's transfer there was no discussion about a possible return.
"It's nice that he has expressed this desire," Moratti said.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Gold Fields to hand over Damang Mine to Ghana in April 2026
16 minutes -
Kweku Adu-Gyamfi Opoku’s ‘Adi Nhyia’ Book of Symbols launched in Accra
28 minutes -
NLC orders striking university unions back to negotiation table
35 minutes -
NPP China and Belgium branches boost Patriotic Institute with financial and training support
45 minutes -
Ghana Catholic Bishops highlights moral duty to protect cocoa farmers
1 hour -
Catholic Bishops urge urgent action to rescue Ghana’s cocoa sector
1 hour -
President Mahama extends warm Ramadan greetings to Muslims
2 hours -
DVLA opens new premium service centre in Kumasi
2 hours -
3 convicted over illegal firearms and ammunition possession in Wa; each fined ¢2,400
2 hours -
GREDA urges reduction of building materials prices as cedi gains strength
2 hours -
Trade Ministry and TradeMark Africa partner to boost Ghana’s garment industry
2 hours -
Advisory team of the Pan African AI Summit meets Communications Minister Sam George
2 hours -
Gender Ministry confirms abandoned newborn rescued in Elmina, receiving medical care
2 hours -
ECOWAS holds talks with Chiefs of Naval Staff in Accra
3 hours -
Minister for Communication receives Assemblies of God Church delegation
3 hours
