The Minister for Food and Agriculture, Dr Owusu Afriyie Akoto has resigned.
He tendered his resignation to President Akufo-Addo a while ago.
This comes four days after Trade Minister, Alan John Kwadwo Kyerematen, resigned from the government.
JoyNews Presidential Affairs correspondent, Elton Brobbey, in an interview on NewsNight on Joy FM, Tuesday said the Minister had a meeting with President where he submitted the letter.
Our correspondent said the President accepted Dr Akoto’s resignation and wished him well in his endeavours.
Ostensibly, this is to enable Dr Afriyie Akoto concentrate on his presidential ambition.
Dr Afriyie Akoto is one of the NPP stalwarts eyeing the flagbearership position of the party for the 2024 elections.
Besides he and Mr. Alan Kyerematen, Mr. Kwabena Agyapong, Mr. Kennedy Agyapong, Mr. Joe Ghartey and Mr. Boakye Agyarko have all declared their intentions to contest the flagbearership of the NPP
Meanwhile, the party is yet to come out with a date for the presidential primaries.
Speaking on the same show, Henry Nana Boakye, National Organiser of NPP, said a date will be set for the election “in accordance with our constitution.”
- EC member dragged to Supreme Court over alleged NPP affiliation
- Canada implements visa-free travel for more countries excluding Ghana
- #KenMustGo: Entire caucus would’ve to take a decision on Finance Minister – Majority Leader
- I feel victimized; what wrong have I done in this country? – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- Assin North by-election: NPP elects Charles Opoku as parliamentary candidate
- Parliament approves Gertrude Torkornoo’s nomination as Chief Justice
- Rwanda’s President sacks more than 200 soldiers including generals
- Livestream: Prof Frimpong-Boateng speaks about his arrest by Special Prosecutor
- Government sends proposal on debt restructuring to official creditors
- Assin North MP case: Supreme Court veered off the real issue before them – Ayariga
- I am not complicit in the illegal mining trade – Prof. Frimpong Boateng
- Why he keeps you around even if he doesn’t want a relationship
- Woman dies after eating poisoned chocolates sent by her ex-boyfriend’s Jealous lver
- Rwandan President Kagame sacks military top brass
- Tunisian black women: ‘My skin colour says I don’t belong’
- Nigerian states cut working week to three days
- I did my job; I tried to make Ghana a better place – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- Burning Changfans alone will not halt illegal mining – Prof. Frimpong
- Our mission was successful until big-people-sponsored-companies started doing whatever they want – Prof. Frimpong on IMCIM
- Akufo-Addo is not petty; my relationship with him is still cordial – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- FDA engages market women on food safety
- Beware of the “I hate drama” guy who happens to have “crazy” exes
- Ibrahim Mahama donates 500 bags of cement to Presec 1998 year group
- My love-hate affair with “if he wanted to, he would”
- I didn’t get the protection I needed for my difficult job – Professor Frimpong-Boateng