Audio By Carbonatix
President Akufo-Addo says he will soon announce an end to restrictions imposed on the public to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.
However, that will happen after the modalities for which the restrictions were imposed have been followed satisfactorily by the public.
These include the guidelines for maintaining proper hygiene practices in addition to the use of hand sanitiser and social distancing.
Addressing the nation in a televised broadcast Sunday, April 26, President Akufo-Addo hinted these remaining sanctions may soon come to an end.
“I shall be outlining, shortly, the path for bringing the restrictive measures, systematically, to an end, and defining the basket of measures for the revival and growth of our national economy. We have to own our future,” he stated.
Last week, the President lifted a three-week restriction imposed on the movements of people in four major cities- Accra, Tema, Kasoa and Kumasi- which he said, enabled health authorities to scale up tracing and testing of persons who may have come into contact with those who had already tested positive.
However, other restrictions, such as border closure, the ban on social gatherings, including religious gatherings, funerals, conferences and parties, remain in force.
He commended organisations and individuals who have responded to the call to donate to the Covid-19 National Trust Fund as well as institutions leading the fight against the deadly vidurs.
“…the unfettered assistance Ghanaians have given to each other, the help you have offered to those in need, the generosity of your contributions to the Covid-19 National Trust Fund, and the support and understanding you have given to the difficult measures Government has had to undertake,” he added.
Ghana’s Covid-19 situation as of now
Ghana, as of Sunday, had recorded 1,550 cases of the Covid-19 with 155 recoveries while some 11 persons failed to win the battle with the respiratory disease caused by the novel coronavirus.
According to Health Service’s latest update, Greater Accra remained the epicenter with 1,347 cases followed by the Ashanti and Eastern regions which have recorded 69 and 57 cases, respectively.
The Western and Western North are regions with the least cases recording one each.
Meanwhile, four regions are yet to record cases of the Covid-19. These are Savanna, Bono, Bono East and Ahafo regions, the Service indicated in its latest update.
Latest Stories
-
High costs, no water and unemployment threatening industrial growth, says AGI president
2 minutes -
Gov’t to raise GH₵30bn through syndicated domestic bond to bail COCOBOD – Sagnarigu MP
11 minutes -
Brake failure claims life of trader in Kaase Gas tanker crash
15 minutes -
Majority, Minority clash over bill to revert NIB name to BNI and overhaul National Security structure
21 minutes -
Water crisis disrupting production – AGI president warns industrialisation at risk
26 minutes -
Office of Ga Mantse breaks silence on accident
28 minutes -
COCOBOD debt exceeded assets under NPP – Otokunor
34 minutes -
Samson Ahi labels Sehwi Wiawso cocoa protest politically engineered; points fingers at NPP
39 minutes -
Adongo accuses Akufo-Addo’s appointees of mismanaging COCOBOD; says they need ‘whipping’
44 minutes -
Trade Ministry denounces terror attack on Ghanaian traders in Burkina Faso
50 minutes -
Adongo dismisses COCOBOD bailout call, blames crisis on past Akufo-Addo government
55 minutes -
GRA prepares to meet GH¢360bn revenue target for 2028
1 hour -
We must refuse to be intimidated – Veep Prof Opoku-Agyemang challenges women
1 hour -
GRA to enforce Physical and Electronic Devices Act this year – Commissioner-General
1 hour -
NPP should be the last to comment on cocoa issues – Otokunor
1 hour
