The President, Nana Akufo-Addo, on Tuesday left the country to attend the Global Education Summit in the United Kingdom.
This is at the invitation of the President of Kenya, Uhuru Kenyatta, and UK Prime Minister, Boris Johnson.
President Akufo-Addo will be leading Ghana’s delegation to the Summit to be held from July 28 to 29, in London.
The Global Education Summit: Financing GPE 2021-2025 will be a key moment for the global community to come together and support quality education for all children.
A centre-piece of the summit will be the opportunity for leaders to make 5-year pledges to support GPE’s work to help transform education systems in up to 90 countries and territories
The President will also, at the invitation of the Founder/Chief Executive Officer of the Emerging Business Intelligence & Innovation (EBII) Group, attend as Special Guest of Honour, and deliver the keynote address at the 2021 African Investments Risks and Compliance (IRC) Summit, on July 30, at the University of Oxford.
The President was accompanied by the Foreign Minister, Shirley Ayorkor Botchway; Education Minister, Dr Yaw Osei Adutwum and officials of the Presidency and Foreign Ministry.
The President will return to Ghana on August 1, and in his absence, the Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, shall, in accordance with Article 60(8) of the Constitution, act in his stead.
- Bongo scandal: Assembly withdraws ¢187k from contractor’s bank account without permission
- Intelligence Bureau arrests man with 656 ATM cards at KIA
- Hushpuppi – the Instagram influencer and international fraudster
- Dortmund’s Otto Addo to be appointed Black Stars assistant coach
- ARB Apex Bank investigates how Bongo Assembly withdrew money from account without owner’s approval
- Rwandan court finds ‘Hotel Rwanda’ film hero guilty in terrorism case
- Police to amend charges against Rev. Owusu Bempah and four others
- Milovan Rajevac announcement imminent after government, GFA execs approval
- Why single people smell different
- ‘Sometimes players don’t like it’ – Pochettino reacts to subbing off Messi
Agriculture and education will be a priority when approved – Tain DCE nominee
7 detained final year students of Sawla SHS denied bail
Francis-Xavier shares life story as Village of Hope celebrates 25th Anniversary
Board of Directors for Ghana Water Company inaugurated
Ejura shootings: Affected families submit Right to Information request for Committee’s report to President, Interior Minister
We should allow political parties to sponsor nominees in Assembly elections – Dan Botwe
Majority of the 260 MMDCE nominees should be confirmed within 10 days – Dan Botwe
Women entrepreneurs dominate private sector – Study says
Consciously plan for your retirement – Axis Pension boss urges
Akufo-Addo not required to choose MMDCEs from recommended list, selection process was only to aid him – Nana B
Ace Power Promotions Return With 4 Title Fights In Accra October 16
Black Queens bounce back in victory over Cameroon
Access Bank’s ‘Business Startup Challenge’ launched
West Blue Consulting Founder, Valentina Mintah joins Board of Kuenyehia Trust for Contemporary Art
Playback: PM Express discusses MMDCE nominations