Pursuant to Article 27(3) of the 1992 Constitution, President Akufo-Addo has approved the promotion of 12 senior officers of the Prisons Directorate.
In a statement issued by the Service on Wednesday, it said Isaac Kofi Egyir who used to be the Director of Prisons (DOP) in Charge of Operations, is now the Deputy-Director-General of Prisons (DDGP) In-Charge of Operations.
The President has also promoted six Deputy Director of Prisons (DDP) to Director of Prisons (DOP).
They include, Francis Omane-Addo, DOP In-Charge of Welfare; Patience Baffoe-Bonnie, DOP In-Charge of Services and Technical; Samuel Adjei-Attah, DOP In-Charge of Health; Samuel Akampure Akolbire DOP In-Charge of Operations.
The others are; Hanson Adu-Awuku, DOP In-Charge of Agriculture; Ernest Asante-Adofo, DOP In-Charge of Human Resource Development.
Also, five Assistant Directors of Prisons (ADP) have also been promoted to Deputy Directors of Prisons (DDP).
They are; Edmond Boye Odonkor, Raphael K. Tuekpe, Ali Kwaku Ababio, Martin Kweku Darku and Simon Yao Adzah.
The promotion, according to the statement, was done upon recommendation of the Prisons Service Council.
Meanwhile, a total of 1,842 junior officers have also promoted to various higher ranks within the junior officer corps.
- Shatta Wale remanded in police custody for one week
- ‘I made a mistake’ – Akufo-Addo apologises for Cape Coast harbour comment
- There’s no space for 499 students at Ghana Law School – Akufo-Addo
- We don’t pay our taxes to Aflao Chief – Ablakwa tells Akufo-Addo
- Medikal reportedly arrested for brandishing a gun
- Henry Quartey initially didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister – Akufo-Addo
- Prof Kwadwo Appiagyei-Atua: Intrusion of national security details on campus a violation of academic freedom and democracy
- Ghana would’ve been buried if Covid-19 broke out under NDC’s tenure – Akufo-Addo
- World Cup Qualifiers: Ethiopia to host Ghana in Johannesburg
- Akufo-Addo must apologise to Aflao Chief – Ketu South MP
Dr Mrs Foriwah Obeng Adjei
Dr Daniel Nkrumah: Sodom, Gomorrah and LGBTQI+ rights
Asantehene suggests creation of monitoring team to ensure judicious use of stool lands revenue
Narcotics Commission seizes about 5000kg of suspected cannabis worth ¢6.84m
Angilo Institute of Fashion organises maiden ‘street fashion show’
ACP Agordzo’s fight to revoke his interdiction as police officer suffers another court adjournment
GPL: Dreams, Medeama and Legon Cities’ venues rejected after final inspection
Negative comments about song theft do not get to me – Kuami Eugene
Bishop Agyinasare cautions against military takeovers in spite of hardship
Bullion van robbery: BoG told to ban phones in banks, implement fiat to overhaul cash-in-transit measures
Livestream: Ecobank Day 2021’s focuses on Mental Health
Akon meets Merck Foundation CEO to discuss programs to support Africa’s development
JoyNews Ecobank Habitat Fair: first 20 SNS Estates clients to get 5% discount
2 police officers die in high-speed chase; 3 others injured
Medikal to appear in court for brandishing gun amid #FreeShattaWale campaign