President Akufo-Addo has accepted a request to host comedian DKB at the Jubilee House.
The comedian, who performed to the president and other dignitaries at the just ended Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA) Presidential Grand Ball held at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC) last weekend, threw his request at the first gentleman and it got granted.
It was a memorable night for the comedian, who treated the President and his Vice, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia as well as the dignitaries present, to his rib-cracking jokes.
After the impressive performance, DKB used the opportunity to request a sitting with the Nana Akufo-Addo, to discuss the future of the comedy industry.
The comedian, who has asked to be now called ‘The Presidential Joker’, says he wants to take comedy to the next level and he believes meeting with the president and sharing his plans with him, Ghanaian comedy can make a good headway for the future.
“After meeting influential entertainers for discussions such as Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy, I believe it is time for me to meet with the President on behalf of comedy. Comedy has come a long way but we are struggling to stand on our feet now. We have over the years hosted sold-out shows and it is time to move to the next level,’’ DKB said in a statement to Myjoyonline.com.
During the event, the president gladly shook his hands with the comedian and assured him of the decision to welcome him to the Jubilee House.
- Accra is second most expensive city in the world – Survey
- Complete abandoned E-block if you are frustrated – Akufo-Addo tells Aflao chief
- Shatta Wale remanded in police custody for one week
- Lil Win unites with Funny Face at Kaneshie District Court
- Kofi Kinaata drops visuals for Thy Grace singles
- Google agrees to integrate Ghana’s GPS into Google map system – Bawumia
- Ambassador to Italy, Eudora Quartey-Koranteng has died
- ‘I made a mistake’ – Akufo-Addo apologises for Cape Coast harbour comment
- Prof Nana Aba Appiah Amfo is 1st female Vice-Chancellor of University of Ghana
- Ursula Owusu-Ekuful could be NPP’s running mate in 2024 – Kwesi Pratt hints
Onion Sellers Association thank Akufo-Addo for relocation to Adjen Kotoku
World Cup Qualifiers: Ethiopia to host Ghana in Johannesburg
Stop conniving with foreign tile makers to shortchange Ghana – Mireku Duker to illegal clay miners
What makes a successful entrepreneur? – SamBoad Group CEO tells young Ghanaians
OccupyGhana’s letter to Special Prosecutor on unconstitutional time extension for public officers’ assets/liabilities declaration
MTN Group receives recognition on Fortune’s Change the World list
Ghanaian teachers are among the best in the world – Yaw Adutwum
Exports, fixed investment to contribute 0.8% to GDP in 2021 – Report
Fire guts house at Kwamo
Africa Makeup Fair, Awards slated for November
Pornhub owner settles with Girls Do Porn victims over videos
Paris Hilton pushes for US youth care abuse reform
Tax cheat schemes cost governments billions
Apple unveils new computer chips amid shortage
Squid’s Victory? China streaming site accused of copying Squid Game