A member of the National Council of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Dr Amoako Tuffour has waded into calls for Kwabena Adjapong and Chairman Afoko to step aside.
This despite calls by party leader, Nana Akufo-Addo to allow the party chairman and General Secretary to work in peace.
Mr Tuffour insists the two executives must exit their post for investigations to be conducted into the various allegations leveled against them.
Pressure from different quarters of the party has been mounting for the NPP National Chairman and General Secretary to resign or after the gruesome murder of Upper East Regional Chairman Adams Mahama.
Mr Mahama died from burns after an acid attack on him.
Those calling for the two national executives to step aside say they are behind the death of Mr Mahama who is perceived to be a fierce critic of their policies.
Dr Tuffour says if Messers Afoko and Agyepong continue to work in their executive capacities the masses who form the basis of the party will kick them out.
“If they don’t step aside and the people down there stay angry more, I cannot predict but I am saying the ultimate thing that has happened, that we have experience about is the fact that some time ago, soldiers rose and dismissed a legitimately, constitutionally, democratically elected government and put themselves there”, he explained.
He adds: “Why is not advisable for Kwabena Agyepong and Afoko to go to Adam’s funeral? Because individuals may attack them. That is not legal, that is not permissible but that is possible for human beings”.
Meanwhile, an youth loyal to Mr Adams Mahama have warned the two national executives not to attend the one-week celebration of the deceased regional chairman.
- Accra is second most expensive city in the world – Survey
- Complete abandoned E-block if you are frustrated – Akufo-Addo tells Aflao chief
- Shatta Wale remanded in police custody for one week
- Lil Win unites with Funny Face at Kaneshie District Court
- Kofi Kinaata drops visuals for Thy Grace singles
- Google agrees to integrate Ghana’s GPS into Google map system – Bawumia
- Ambassador to Italy, Eudora Quartey-Koranteng has died
- ‘I made a mistake’ – Akufo-Addo apologises for Cape Coast harbour comment
- Prof Nana Aba Appiah Amfo is 1st female Vice-Chancellor of University of Ghana
- Ursula Owusu-Ekuful could be NPP’s running mate in 2024 – Kwesi Pratt hints
OccupyGhana’s letter to Special Prosecutor on unconstitutional time extension for public officers’ assets/liabilities declaration
MTN Group receives recognition on Fortune’s Change the World list
Ghanaian teachers are among the best in the world – Yaw Adutwum
Exports, fixed investment to contribute 0.8% to GDP in 2021 – Report
Fire guts house at Kwamo
Africa Makeup Fair, Awards slated for November
Pornhub owner settles with Girls Do Porn victims over videos
Paris Hilton pushes for US youth care abuse reform
Tax cheat schemes cost governments billions
Apple unveils new computer chips amid shortage
Squid’s Victory? China streaming site accused of copying Squid Game
NCCE lacks resources to sensitise voters about their rights – Prof Gyampo
Biennial World Cup: European nations boycott not discussed – Fifa’s Gianni Infantino
Nima’s Rugby girls eyeing the world stage
Hollard Ghana joins Melcom to launch insurance awareness week