Audio By Carbonatix
Apple on Friday released a website and an iOS app that allows users to screen themselves for coronavirus symptoms, marking another response to the pandemic by a major tech platform.
Both tools were developed in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as the White House's Coronavirus Task Force and the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Apple said in a statement to CNN Business. The app and website include a questionnaire and information about the novel coronavirus.
Apple said it will not collect or store users' answers to the questionnaire, though it will collect anonymous information about usage of the tools.The screening tools do not require an Apple account to use, the company said.

Friday's announcement follows statements by CEO Tim Cook that Apple will be donating 10 million face masks across Europe and the United States.
"Our ops teams are helping to find and purchase masks from our supply chain in coordination with governments around the world," Cook tweeted this week.
It also comes on the heels of a nationwide website launched by Google last week to provide users with information about the coronavirus. The website was expected to add links to a CDC screening tool when it became available; a Google spokesperson didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
Latest Stories
-
High costs, no water and unemployment threatening industrial growth, says AGI president
2 minutes -
Gov’t to raise GH₵30bn through syndicated domestic bond to bail COCOBOD – Sagnarigu MP
11 minutes -
Brake failure claims life of trader in Kaase Gas tanker crash
15 minutes -
Majority, Minority clash over bill to revert NIB name to BNI and overhaul National Security structure
21 minutes -
Water crisis disrupting production – AGI president warns industrialisation at risk
27 minutes -
Office of Ga Mantse breaks silence on accident
28 minutes -
COCOBOD debt exceeded assets under NPP – Otokunor
34 minutes -
Samson Ahi labels Sehwi Wiawso cocoa protest politically engineered; points fingers at NPP
39 minutes -
Adongo accuses Akufo-Addo’s appointees of mismanaging COCOBOD; says they need ‘whipping’
44 minutes -
Trade Ministry denounces terror attack on Ghanaian traders in Burkina Faso
50 minutes -
Adongo dismisses COCOBOD bailout call, blames crisis on past Akufo-Addo government
55 minutes -
GRA prepares to meet GH¢360bn revenue target for 2028
1 hour -
We must refuse to be intimidated – Veep Prof Opoku-Agyemang challenges women
1 hour -
GRA to enforce Physical and Electronic Devices Act this year – Commissioner-General
1 hour -
NPP should be the last to comment on cocoa issues – Otokunor
1 hour
