ARB Apex Bank recorded a profit before tax of ¢5.9 million during the financial year, 2020 despite the impact of covid-19 on the economy.
The bank’s pre-tax soared by 482%, from ¢1 million recorded in 2019.
According to the Managing Director, Kojo Mattah, activities in rural banking increased despite the advent of covid-19 pandemic.
He also revealed that rural banks increased their deposits, despite the covid-19 pandemic.
“We’ve seen a lot of enthusiasm in the activities of Rural and Community Banks (RCBs). Their deposits have grown significantly in 2020, up to about ¢5.5 billion,” he said.
Board Chairman, Dr. Anthony Aubyn accounted to shareholders, some investments made by the ARB Apex Bank.
“Your bank continued to invest heavily in infrastructure to support the smooth running of our RCBs. Beside the $8 million funding from the Ministry of Finance and the World Bank, the board recently approved additional $1.2 million to support the upgrade of the data centre and the disaster recovery site to avert any interruption in the operations of the RCBs,” he disclosed.
Meanwhile, Deloitte and Touché, independent auditors, has stated that the bank kept proper accounting records and has complied with provisions of the Anti-Money Laundering Act, 2008.
“In our opinion, proper books have been kept by the bank so far as per my examination,” he stated.
The 19th Annual General Meeting was climaxed by a book launch.
The book, “Together for Progress”, is authored by the first Managing Director of the bank, Emmanuel Kwapong.
- ‘Things to buy for Our Day’ – How a pupil’s petition to his mother became a national emergency
- Our Day list: Oswald’s mother explains why her son mentioned Mrs Appiah
- Police arrest suspected criminals in swoop, retrieve weapons in Kumasi
- I will win hands down even against Asiedu Nketia – Assin North NPP parliamentary candidate
- Our Day list: Naana Opoku Agyemang pledges iPad Pro to Oswald
- Our Day list: I have a habit of forgetting, that is why my son wrote a letter – Mother
- Free SHS: Akufo-Addo hints at more budgetary allocation to education sector to address access and infrastructure
- Parliament approves Kissi Agyebeng for Special Prosecutor
- This is my best Our Day – Boy who wrote wishlist to mother
- Our Day List: KiDi performs at Oswald’s school, gifts him a Samsung tablet
Winners from 1xBet’s Prize Hunt final draw from Ghana received their well-deserved rewards
Our Day List: Photos from Oswald’s new world
Ato Forson alleges government paid GH¢16m for Sputnik V vaccines
Health Ministry receives Antigen test machines and kits for testing Covid-19
Mahama and Lordina celebrate 29th marriage anniversary
I was privileged but not lucky as a child – President of Academic City College
Court of Appeal allows Nii Amanor Dodoo as Unibank Receiver until appeal against High Court ruling is heard
Scarlett Johansson sues Disney over ‘Black Widow’ streaming release
Collins Dauda faces criminal charges over Saglemi Housing project
European Super League: Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus ‘will continue with plans’
Health Minister prioritised safety over procedures – Group backs Agyeman-Manu
Oswald Gennuh: Five leadership lessons from a daring ‘Our Day’ petition
Ghanaians in UK hail Akufo-Addo-led administration
Invest in other businesses too – Ohemaa Mercy
Tokyo 2020: Nadia Eke eliminated, announces retirement