Fast-rising social media sensation, Oswald Wedam, has been explaining the mechanisms leading to his huge winnings which projected him into the limelight.
The Digitial solutions architect and punter broke the internet for his unreasonably accurate predictions of outcomes of football matches, the latest being a GHS5,000 winning Wednesday.
This attracted the attention of many after punters in Ghana looking up to him for predictions with the hope of winning big.
Speaking on Sports Now show on Joy Prime Friday, Oswald told the host, Owuraku Ampofo that used to be a staunch football fanatic but lost steam over numerous disappointments by his favourite team Arsenal FC.
“I am an Arsenal fan and watching my team break my heart for years, I just decided to follow from afar,” Oswald said.
The punter who would not reveal the secret behind his high winnings attributed his prowess to instinct.
“Following the correct 1-0 prediction of West Ham versus Arsenal match, the consistency kept building up. As time went on, it just blew up. Afterwards, so many people kept entering my DM [on Twitter] asking me to send them odds.”
Oswald further narrated that “I didn’t want to post it on the Twitter timeline because I wanted to know who I gave it to help me track. I sent it to over 300 people in my contact list. But when the matches inched closer, I felt like there are so many people asking me. What if this bet wins? So I posted it and it hit.
The Digitial solutions architect described that moment as the beginning of his fame.
When asked why he gives out betting odds for free, the budding law student described himself as a “man of the people” who “prefers social currency over financial currency which is worth more over time.”
Despite the flop of his latest predictions, some punters are still keeping their trust in the ‘Bet King’ for a rainy day.
— Sway.nifest â¤ Chase the lionðŸ‡¬ðŸ‡ðŸ”¥ðŸ”¥ (@EdemSway) December 12, 2019
Oswald : Bet dier feeling kakra bleeding kakra. We move regardless.
— Osu Nasty C ðŸ‡¬ðŸ‡ðŸ‡¬ðŸ‡§ðŸ‘‘ (@1realjason) December 12, 2019
morrow eno be small #Moni boys go chop from Betway. Oswald Fc ðŸ”¥ ðŸ˜‚ðŸ˜‚ðŸ˜‚
— SARKODIE NEBA SARKâœï¸ðŸ‡¬ðŸ‡ (@NebaSark) December 13, 2019
Young Oswald, however, continues to dominate the Twitter trends, this time, with #Oswald2020. Will he heed to the calls?
— Ray (@ray_moni) December 13, 2019
This was fun! ðŸ˜‚ pic.twitter.com/TpMLU636Ne
— Limitless Oswald âœ¨âœ¨âœ¨ (@oswaldtheson) December 13, 2019
- Debt Exchange: 8 banks highly exposed to government bonds, may be hit hardest – Report
- Minority loses censure motion to dismiss Ofori-Atta
- Playback: Parliament determines Ken Ofori-Atta’s fate
- Cedi strengthens further against dollar; $1 now ¢13
- 2023 Budget: 4 key areas that received less allocation than National Cathedral
- Ofori-Atta’s censure motion: Our side didn’t take sitting allowances – Ablakwa
- Driver’s mate killed, 2 in critical condition in gory accident at Gomoa Dominase
- Kalybos and I will have a child together if we are still single in 2 years – Ahuofe Patri
- ‘Ajax is getting too small for Mohammed Kudus’ – Inaki Williams
- Censure motion: Majority MPs walk out as Minority members cast vote
- Debt Exchange Programme: BoG urges banks to participate, announces relief packages
- Electronic Tax Clearance Certificate to ensure transparency in taxation – GRA
- Central Tongu MP pledges to support Mafi Anfoe youth to construct bungalow for teachers
- Expect prices of books to increase – GNAAP to schools and parents
- UG Parliament: Majority Caucus petitions Speaker over academic, residential fees increment
- Typhoid vaccine should complement WASH – Dr. Nsiah Asare
- You have to be a fisherman’s girlfriend to purchase his catch – Fish processors
- Censure motions are serious parliamentary business – Abu Jinapor
- KiDi to collaborate with Bollywood star on new track
- Suspension of road toll collection was not done legally – Sulemana Briamah
- Ghanaian adults prefer religious and traditional justice systems to formal one – GSS
- Improving rural education: A teacher is giving hope to pupils of Nkwantapong D/A Primary School
- Kumawood actor Okomfo Kolege tearfully announces wife’s burial date
- I am not prepared to fail – Prof. Addai-Mensah tells union executives at KATH
- Playback: PM Express business edition discuss market confidence risk and debt restructuring programme