Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been stripped off his duties as Arsenal captain after his disciplinary breach last week.
The forward was dropped from the squad that thumped Southampton last weekend.
It was reported the Gabonese missed training during the week and was being punished by Mikel Arteta.
After the Southampton game, Arteta refused to provide clarity on the issue and brushed aside every question about Aubameyang by the press.
On Tuesday, Arsenal released a statement announcing the former Dortmund player will no longer be captain of the club.
“Following his latest disciplinary breach last week, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will no longer be our club captain, and will not be considered for selection for Wednesday’s match against West Ham United.
“We expect all our players, particularly our captain, to work to the rules and standards we have all set and agreed. We are fully focused on tomorrow’s match,” the club said.
It remains to be seen how long the 32-year-old will be frozen out of the first team.
- Yaw Tog gifts Stormzy’s mum after Global Citizen Festival showdown
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Ghana’s public debt was 80% to GDP during Covid-19 pandemic; we’ll help restore macroeconomic stability – IMF
- GPLwk3: Amankwah rescues Hearts in Super Clash, Legon Cities win in Tamale again
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- We refuse to admit that Black Stars’ glory days are no more – Jerome Otchere
- We can’t confirm how much Frontiers made from Covid-19 testing at airport – GACL
- Law Society of Ghana pays courtesy call on Speaker
- ‘Every player wants to write their name in World Cup history’ – Andre Ayew
- ‘Afcon fiasco was a wake up call for Ghana’ -Andre Ayew
- Amount involved in full bailout of Liquidated Fund Management Firms hits ₵3.65bn – BoG
- Recognise effort of investors – Kwesi Ernest tells artistes
- ‘I want to win the AFCON or World Cup for Ghana’-Andre Ayew
- Foreign investors own ₵31.7bn of Ghana’s debt securities on GSE
- RTI: Requesting information sometimes difficult because public servants are stuck to their old ways – Dr Adjin-Tettey
- Super Clash: Fans want Samuel Boadu’s head, threaten to storm Hearts’ training grounds
- Ghana’s economy to take almost 6 years before full recovery – Professor Bokpin
- From Eric’s Diary: Woes of Bolt and Uber drivers- a problem that requires public policy
- GACL’s position that it doesn’t know how much Frontiers made from Covid-19 testing is nonsense – Murtala
- Amaja Tubular Services commissions 2-unit classroom block at Kwamekrom in Ahanta West
- CSIR–PGRRI introduces farmer varieties of Bambara groundnuts for trials by farmers in Upper East
- We’re learning more about Afrobeats amid push of category in Grammys – Recording Academy CEO