Arsenal have completed the signing of Anderlecht and Belgium youth midfielder Albert Sambi Lokonga on a long-term contract.
The fee, although undisclosed, is believed to be around £17.2m.
Having joined Anderlecht at 15, Lokonga made his first-team debut in December 2017, and has gone on to make 78 appearances, scoring three goals.
“Albert is a very intelligent player who has shown great maturity,” said Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta.
“He has been coached well by Vincent Kompany and his team at Anderlecht. I know Vincent very well and he talks so highly about Albert and the positive impact he had to Anderlecht in recent seasons.
“We’re confident Albert’s ready for the next stage in his development and we’re looking forward to welcoming a new member to our squad with his quality and presence.”
Arsenal technical director Edu added: “There was a lot of interest in Albert and he was a big target for us.
“He will bring us strength in depth in the centre of midfield.”
The midfielder, who will wear the number 23 and have Sambi on his shirt, has played seven times for Belgium Under-21’s, scoring two goals.
Lokonga will join his new team-mates after he has completed the current isolation regulations for international arrivals into the UK.
- Video of unknown driver driving dangerously in Accra goes viral
- Police arrest man driving dangerously in viral video
- Reckless driver in viral video to appear in court on Monday
- Iranian governor slapped in the face during public speech
- 38 persons arrested for alleged assault on police officers
- Assistant police chief claims she was told to get abortion to keep her job
- NCA backtracks on Radio Gold, others not having their original frequencies
- NIA to suspend services at all 34 registration centres from Oct. 25
- Colombia’s most wanted drug lord Otoniel captured
- KBTH releases detained breast cancer patients after NDC Deputy Women’s Organiser settles medical bills
You’ll be held liable for sending false information – Bernard Agortey
It’s been too stressful using Ghanaian passport – Gary Al-Smith
I resigned from Shatta Movement when Shatta Wale started misbehaving – Ken Addy
Reality Zone with Vicky Wireko: Covid-19 eventuality – A fourth wave approaching
Crime rate in Tema Police Region improved – Crime Officer
Child beggars invade commercial roads of Bolgatanga
Beautician appears before court for fraud
Alfred Ogbamey: Shatta Wale, Medikal and normalisation of prosecutorial and judicial absurdities
Law on false publication should be a wake-up call to Ghanaians – Lawyer
AfCFTA will only succeed if RECs and protocols are addressed – Wendell Addy
Reckless driver in viral video to appear in court on Monday
Playback: The Law discusses fear, panic and gun brandishing culture
Vodafone 64th Asantehene Open Championship commences
Walk the talk and ratify the ILO C190 – ActionAid, Young Urban Women Movement to government
NCA backtracks on Radio Gold, others not having their original frequencies