Some unseen hands tried to frustrate a lecture organized to honour the late former Vice-President Aliu Mahama, a member of Aliu Mahama Foundation has alleged.
Kwesi Abeasi, Chairman of the Board of Trustees said efforts by the Foundation to secure the Accra International Conference Centre for the event were frustrated.
Managers of the Centre, he said, had claimed that an unnamed church had booked the venue for days.
“But this evening when we went there, not even a mouse could be seen at the Conference Centre,” Mr. Abeasi said.
He said Ghanaians must treat each other better.
According to him, even the Banquet Hall, the eventual venue for the programme, was being locked up three hours to the main event used by NPP flagbearer, Nana Akufo-Addo, to launch an attack on the policies and programmes of President John Mahama’s government.
He said even though the venue was paid for with a banker’s draft, some “people came to lock up the place, claiming that we didn’t pay.”
People should not treat each other like that regardless of their differences, he stressed.
- Archbishop of Canterbury, others oppose Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill, pledge to engage with Archbishop of Ghana
- While you disregard your own laws, be mindful of the dire consequences – Isaac Adongo to BoG Governor
- 5 NDC MPs file motion to probe Akufo-Addo’s use of chartered flights for foreign travels
- ‘Supreme Court was afraid, didn’t do justice to election petition hearing’ – Kpessa-Whyte
- I was sued for instituting reforms at Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital – Okoe Boye reveals
- ‘God is alive’ – Shatta Wale speaks after being granted bail
- Madina MP files contempt charges against police officers involved in Monday’s protest
- ‘I still feel traumatised by my experiences in EC’s strong room’ – Kpessa-Whyte
- Chinese students sue Apple for not including a charger with the iPhone 12
- Retract and apologise for defamatory publication or face court action – Lawyers of Eugene Arhin to Adom-Boakye
Two pistols intercepted on Accra bound vehicle
Carabao Cup: West Ham eliminate holders Man City on penalty shootout
Youngster Felix Afena-Gyan makes AS Roma debut in win against Cagliari
I was almost consumed by fame when I had the deal with Beyoncé – Dancegod Lloyd
Ban on tricycles: Intentions are good but implementation will lead to chaos – Governs Agbodza
Bayern Munich suffer biggest defeat since 1978
Raphael Dwamena stable after collapsing during Austria Cup game
Barcelona sack manager Ronald Koeman after Rayo Vallecano loss
‘The power of the people is stronger than the people in power’ – Alban Bagbin
Asantehene commissions a new Maternity Block at KNUST Hospital
Our target is to stay in the Premier League – CEO of Bibiani Goldstars
Playback: PM Express discusses ‘Aboboyaa’ highways ban
Marriage is a Ministry of Offence; you have to have a BSc in tolerance to be there -Woman
I had to work at a bank for free to pay off debts I owed them – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
Supreme Court not ready to protect Ghana’s democracy- Asiedu Nketiah