37-year old Bernard Koku Avle has been adjudged the 2017 PAV Journalist of the Year at a ceremony organised by the Ghana Journalist Association.
After a long night at the Kempinski Hotel in Accra, the Citi FM host of award-winning Citi Breakfast Show was deemed outstanding for his efforts in the year under review.
He leads a pack of 36 journalists awarded out of 548 applications received by the GJA Awards Committee for the 23rd edition of the awards.
Bernard Avle expects to take a cash prize, a three bedroom house, as well as an SUV. Mr. Avle who joined the station as a 23-year old, thanked the owner of Citi FM, Samuel Atta-Mensah, for giving him an opportunity to make his mark.
He also expressed gratitude to veterans such as Abdul Malik Kweku Baako and Dr. Charles Wereko Brobbey who toiled for media pluralism and press freedom in the 90s. He remarked, their ceiling-shattering efforts have made the practice of journalism easy.
The broadcaster also thanks his wife.
Mr. Avle holds a Bachelors of Arts in Economics with distinction and is a Chevening Scholar with an MBA in Marketing from the Warwick Business School.
The ultimate prize has moved from one talk show host to another as Bernard Avle takes over from Peace FM compatriot Kwami Sefa Kayi who won the award for 2016.
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- ‘You’ll see, more is coming from my boy’ – Andre Ayew on Kudus’ future
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- Peace Council moves to address allegations of ethnic identity-based discrimination, marginalization by Ewes
- Is it unrealistic to expect that my spouse’s life revolves around me?
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Pork prices up by 40% in three months
- 2022 World Cup: Ghana will not be seeking revenge against Uruguay – Otto Addo
- Increasing VAT rate was a lazy approach to burden faithful few – Bokpin
- ACCE charges new inductees to exude professionalism
- Afrobarometer receives major boost with $6m grant from Sweden
- Cement Producers bewail fall in demand due to high cost of production
- EOCO recovers over ¢27m crime monies in 10 months
- Throw in the towel; I’ll win this election hands down – Ofosu Ampofo tells Asiedu Nketia
- A draw could be good for us but we want to win – Otto Addo on Uruguay clash
- How the UAE ban almost ruined Rita Dominic’s white wedding
- We’ll oppose removal of e-Levy threshold – Minority
- Kanye West to pay Kim Kardashian $200,000 per month in child support as divorce settlement