Uganda’s defeated presidential candidate Bobi Wine has tweeted that he and his family are “under house arrest and stuck with an 18-month-old baby”.
Soldiers have surrounded the politician’s home claiming that he could incite his supporters if he leaves the compound.
Bobi Wine – who became famous as a musician – tweeted that the baby’s father had been blocked from going into the compound.
He added that they had run out of food and milk.
Day Six under house arrest and we’re still stuck with an 18 months old baby who had paid a visit to her auntie (my wife ) be4 we were raided & besieged. The Dad has been denied access to her. We have run out of food and milk. No one is allowed to leave or come into our compound. pic.twitter.com/KVLDR3IH6y— BOBI WINE (@HEBobiwine) January 19, 2021
The 38-year-old politician ran for the presidency for the first in elections on 14 January. He lost to President Yoweri Museveni, who has led the country since 1986.
He claims that he was cheated out of victory, and accuses the president perpetuating electoral fraud.
But President Museveni said on Saturday that the poll could be the “most cheating-free” in the history of the country.
- My loss to Manny Pacquiao was deliberate – Joshua Clottey
- Medical Doctor gets emotional on Joy FM over debt exchange
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- Kuami Eugene opens up about weight gain
- Photos: British actor Idris Elba visits Manhyia Palace
- 5 injured as Bibiani Zongo residents clash with Asante Gold Corporation security men
- Government unlikely to pay ¢4.185bn 5-year bond maturing on February 6, 2022
- Over 1000 dead as huge quake toppled buildings in Turkey and Syria while people slept
- Cedi continues recent gain against dollar; $1 now ¢10.40
- Fitch reiterates position cedi will record strong performance in 2023
- Christian Atsu missing: Social media users pray for him
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Finance Minister entreats Individual Pension Bondholders to accept current terms
- CHAN: Defeats to Madagascar and Niger; is that the Ghana Premier League’s true level?
- US State Department begins POD to Ghana tomorrow
- Most businesses perceive improved economic environment; but corruption, taxes hinder progress – UKGCC
- DJSky celebrates his birthday in grand style
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- Stonebwoy, Edem spotted at Grammys
- New revision to terms of Domestic Debt Exchange more complex; target may be missed – Bright Simons
- Digital Cooperation Organisation holds first in-person General Assembly hosting delegations from 13 countries
- U/E Regional Minister calls for all guns in Bawku to go silent
- In pictures: The 2023 Grammy Awards
- ‘I’m finding it difficult to marry economic crisis to Ken Ofori-Atta’ – Dr Perbi
- Newly enstooled Prampram Asafoatse pledges to work for peace and development