Audio By Carbonatix
A Deputy Bono Regional Director of the Ghana Health Service (GHS) in-charge of Public Health, Dr. John Ekow Otoo, on Wednesday, stated that the Bono Region has recorded six cases of Coronavirus disease (Covid-19) deaths.
While one death occurred last year, five have been recorded this year, Dr Otoo told the GNA in an interview on Wednesday in Sunyani.
He said the sixth death, yet to be identified, occurred on Tuesday, February 02, 2021, but the five other deaths comprised two males and three females.
Dr Otoo emphasised that the region’s active cases were now 37, saying four of them were on admission at the Covid-19 Centre at the Sunyani Regional Hospital (SRH) receiving treatment.
He added one of the four “who is severely ill is on ventilator whilst the other three who have been removed from the ventilator are having moderate conditions responding to treatment at the SRH”.
Dr Otoo said the remaining 33 patients were in self-quarantine at their respective abodes under effective monitoring and supervision of health personnel assigned for that duty.
The Deputy Regional Director, Public Health further indicated that the region’s total recorded cases from last year to date was 688 including 166 health workers who have all recovered.
Dr Otoo advised the general public to always wear the face mask and religiously adhere to all the other directives and protocols against the spread of the COVID-19 because “it is much better to be in a face /nose mask than to be on a ventilator”.
He said as part of government’s effort in preventing the spread of the COVID-19, parents and guardians too must make it a matter of crucial importance to educate their children and wards on how to observe the COVID-19 protocols and directives, both at home and outside the home.
Dr Otoo said the Regional Health Directorate had arranged for health workers who had been monitoring the situation in the schools to ensure any suspected case could be handled accordingly.
Latest Stories
-
No public land to be allocated without minister’s prior approval – Armah-Buah announces sweeping reforms to protect state lands
8 minutes -
Ashanti Regional Minister inaugurates spatial planning committees, unveils plan to restore Kumasi’s Green Glory
19 minutes -
St Thomas Aquinas SHS hit by infrastructure deficit; appeals for key facilities
20 minutes -
Minority alleges gov’t plot to divert attention from cocoa price cut debate
32 minutes -
Democracy Hub files court injunction to stop Ayawaso East by-election over vote-buying in NDC primary
35 minutes -
Afrimaas urges media to defend industry at World Radio Day summit
42 minutes -
Bawumia condemns killing of Ghanaian traders in Burkina Faso terror attack
47 minutes -
South African trio charged with Bolt driver’s murder filmed on dashcam
54 minutes -
HeFRA launches investigation into alleged refusal of emergency care leading to death of road traffic accident victim
57 minutes -
Maison Yusif Fragrance showcases Africa’s organic fragrance power at BIOFACH Germany
1 hour -
GoldBod suspends gold buying licence applications amid regulatory reforms
1 hour -
GoldBod suspends selected gold buying licence applications ahead of regulatory reforms
1 hour -
Student death puts French far-left under pressure
1 hour -
One song, one voice: How ‘Aha Y3’ stole the night at Awake Experience 2026
1 hour -
SEC flags ‘Mekanism’ as illegal investment scam promising daily returns
1 hour
