Invest in Africa, (IIA) a private sector initiative that brings together leading companies across sectors to develop local enterprise and support investment into Ghana, has appointed Ghanaian software developer, SOFTtribe Limited, to build its digital SME support platform, the African Partner Pool (APP).
The APP is Ghana’s first cross sector online platform connecting Ghanaian businesses to new markets and international investors. SOFTtribe Limited received the contract right out of 8 international software companies that applied to build the APP, which is designed to support and enhance Small and Medium Sized Enterprise (SME) operations in Ghana.
“Our partnership with SOFTtribe has come at a time where the need to promote local content in all business facets is key. It is our vision as IIA to facilitate growth and development of local businesses in Ghana by providing multinational businesses with details of accredited local companies,” said Sam Brandful, IIA’s Ghana country manager.
“SOFTtribe has a vast experience in the design and implementation of computerized business application systems in Ghana and parts of the West African sub-region for the past 20 years. We are glad to bring on board this experience that will ultimately benefit SMEs in Ghana,” said Mr Herman Chinery-Hesse, SOFTtribe Ltd’s Chief Executive Officer.
The APP, which will be officially launched on 28th October 2014, has businesses ranging from light industry, manufacturing, procurement and supply of logistics, which are validated and registered to operate on the platform.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
The APP will make it easier for multinational companies (MNCs) to find quality local suppliers with a proven track record. Local SMEs in turn will have greater access to these MNCs on the APP and a diverse portfolio of business training opportunities. SME's, registered on the APP, will also be able to access tenders from MNCs on the platform.
Posted by IE
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- NIC task force swoops commercial buildings without insurance; arrests 6
- Group praises Energy Bank, First Atlantic Bank merger talks
- Nestle Ghana is “Overall Best Industrial Company of the Year”
- UNDP launches mobile App for cocoa tree registration
- Africa's biggest fund manager to be probed on Steinhoff
- First Atlantic Bank formally notifies BoG of merger plans with Energy Bank
- GSE bleeds over bank closures; fails GH¢4.7bn capital test
- Imperatives before the marriage dubbed merger & acquisition
- Ghana set to commence flights to Seychelles
- After ugly year, biggest Africa stock market may rally
- Amewu-led Ameri deal “better” – ACEP lauds
- TIN registration picking up; ‘Over 2m registered’ - GRA
- Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
- Reserve Bank of India governor steps down
- Huge desert solar initiative to make Africa a renewables power-house