Invest in Africa, (IIA) a private sector initiative that brings together leading companies across sectors to develop local enterprise and support investment into Ghana, has appointed Ghanaian software developer, SOFTtribe Limited, to build its digital SME support platform, the African Partner Pool (APP).
The APP is Ghana’s first cross sector online platform connecting Ghanaian businesses to new markets and international investors. SOFTtribe Limited received the contract right out of 8 international software companies that applied to build the APP, which is designed to support and enhance Small and Medium Sized Enterprise (SME) operations in Ghana.
“Our partnership with SOFTtribe has come at a time where the need to promote local content in all business facets is key. It is our vision as IIA to facilitate growth and development of local businesses in Ghana by providing multinational businesses with details of accredited local companies,” said Sam Brandful, IIA’s Ghana country manager.
“SOFTtribe has a vast experience in the design and implementation of computerized business application systems in Ghana and parts of the West African sub-region for the past 20 years. We are glad to bring on board this experience that will ultimately benefit SMEs in Ghana,” said Mr Herman Chinery-Hesse, SOFTtribe Ltd’s Chief Executive Officer.
The APP, which will be officially launched on 28th October 2014, has businesses ranging from light industry, manufacturing, procurement and supply of logistics, which are validated and registered to operate on the platform.
The APP will make it easier for multinational companies (MNCs) to find quality local suppliers with a proven track record. Local SMEs in turn will have greater access to these MNCs on the APP and a diverse portfolio of business training opportunities. SME's, registered on the APP, will also be able to access tenders from MNCs on the platform.
Posted by IE
More Business Headlines
- Next 10 years critical to finalizing obstacles hampering single market - AU
- Customers of insolvent S&L companies decry 'unclear' validation forms
- Jack Daniel’s to boost local market share with Accra Street Music Festival
- MTN set to rollout $20 smartphone
- Menzgold is not a Ponzi scheme, customers not greedy
- Risks to growth 'increasing by the day' - AfDB
- AirtelTigo takes lead with ‘no expiry’ voice and data bundles
- Depositors of insolvent S&L companies will receive all their funds- Receiver
- Gov’t does not owe GN Savings and Loans – BoG reacts to viral claim
- S&L cleanup: Payment of depositor’s claims to begin before end of August
- Savings and Loans sector cleanup: BoG approach should have been less destructive
- GRA staff urged to abide by codes of conduct
- Photos: MTN Heroes of Change receive awards
- Photos: Patrons get results at 2nd JoyNews Habitat Mini Fair
- A $1.6 billion horror as Ghana investors can’t get their savings