Invest in Africa, (IIA) a private sector initiative that brings together leading companies across sectors to develop local enterprise and support investment into Ghana, has appointed Ghanaian software developer, SOFTtribe Limited, to build its digital SME support platform, the African Partner Pool (APP).
The APP is Ghana’s first cross sector online platform connecting Ghanaian businesses to new markets and international investors. SOFTtribe Limited received the contract right out of 8 international software companies that applied to build the APP, which is designed to support and enhance Small and Medium Sized Enterprise (SME) operations in Ghana.
“Our partnership with SOFTtribe has come at a time where the need to promote local content in all business facets is key. It is our vision as IIA to facilitate growth and development of local businesses in Ghana by providing multinational businesses with details of accredited local companies,” said Sam Brandful, IIA’s Ghana country manager.
“SOFTtribe has a vast experience in the design and implementation of computerized business application systems in Ghana and parts of the West African sub-region for the past 20 years. We are glad to bring on board this experience that will ultimately benefit SMEs in Ghana,” said Mr Herman Chinery-Hesse, SOFTtribe Ltd’s Chief Executive Officer.
The APP, which will be officially launched on 28th October 2014, has businesses ranging from light industry, manufacturing, procurement and supply of logistics, which are validated and registered to operate on the platform.
The APP will make it easier for multinational companies (MNCs) to find quality local suppliers with a proven track record. Local SMEs in turn will have greater access to these MNCs on the APP and a diverse portfolio of business training opportunities. SME's, registered on the APP, will also be able to access tenders from MNCs on the platform.
Posted by IE
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Professional training of agents – GIC kick-starts process
- Eni Ghana launches the 'Clean Beach' project
- KIA Terminal 3 gets $30m oil money
- Honda to shut UK car plant in 2022 with the loss of 3,500 jobs
- Karpowership to ease gas evacuation challenges in Western region
- Second-hand vehicle, auto parts dealers push for review of ‘discriminatory’ up-front duty payment
- GNPC needs better corporate governance structure - CSOs demand
- EIU projects 11% Inflation due to weak cedi
- Ghana hosts African Risk Capacity Joint Board Meeting
- MTN Ghana collects 3500 pints of blood as part of CSR
- South Africa airline to be split into three - CEO
- MTN introduces ‘Science Set’ to boost science education
- PIAC raises red flag over $3.8m GNPC cash for Maritime boundary dispute
- Accra Brewery Ltd appoints new Country Director
- World Bank pushes govt to fast track structural reforms to aid cedi