Invest in Africa, (IIA) a private sector initiative that brings together leading companies across sectors to develop local enterprise and support investment into Ghana, has appointed Ghanaian software developer, SOFTtribe Limited, to build its digital SME support platform, the African Partner Pool (APP).
The APP is Ghana’s first cross sector online platform connecting Ghanaian businesses to new markets and international investors. SOFTtribe Limited received the contract right out of 8 international software companies that applied to build the APP, which is designed to support and enhance Small and Medium Sized Enterprise (SME) operations in Ghana.
“Our partnership with SOFTtribe has come at a time where the need to promote local content in all business facets is key. It is our vision as IIA to facilitate growth and development of local businesses in Ghana by providing multinational businesses with details of accredited local companies,” said Sam Brandful, IIA’s Ghana country manager.
“SOFTtribe has a vast experience in the design and implementation of computerized business application systems in Ghana and parts of the West African sub-region for the past 20 years. We are glad to bring on board this experience that will ultimately benefit SMEs in Ghana,” said Mr Herman Chinery-Hesse, SOFTtribe Ltd’s Chief Executive Officer.
The APP, which will be officially launched on 28th October 2014, has businesses ranging from light industry, manufacturing, procurement and supply of logistics, which are validated and registered to operate on the platform.
The APP will make it easier for multinational companies (MNCs) to find quality local suppliers with a proven track record. Local SMEs in turn will have greater access to these MNCs on the APP and a diverse portfolio of business training opportunities. SME's, registered on the APP, will also be able to access tenders from MNCs on the platform.
Posted by IE
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Upper West: 1,022 bags of maize harvested under PFJs
- Gov’t, Labour agree to build consensus on dev’t issues
- Ofori-Atta steers World Bank/IMF Development Committee on global dev't issues
- Airports Company considers reserving Terminal 2 for home-based carrier
- Gov't working to reduce aviation fuel, other airline taxes
- GNPC Foundation produces best ever local rice
- Good or bad? GUTA, AGI disagree on reduction of import duties
- Emirates rolls out special Easter menus
- Today's students are 'irrelevant' to tomorrow’s market - Ken Thompson
- Old Mutual Ghana rewards top performing staff with trip to Zaina Lodge
- Pay your taxes to ensure success of Ghana Beyond Aid policy – GRA official
- PDS blames GRIDco for Thursday’s intermittent power outages
- GRA to introduce electronic Vehicle Income Tax payment
- Aviation Ministry details why KIA is not for sale
- World's most miserable economy has seven-figure inflation