A new cement factory has been commissioned in the Free Zones enclave in Tema with the capacity to produce one million tons of cement annually. The CIMAF Cement Factory has become the third local cement manufacturing company after Ghacem and Diamond Cement.
The Factory is spread over 14 acres of Land inside the Tema Freezone Enclave and has cutting edge automation as well as state of the art processing facilities with a packing plant for bagged cargo and silos for bulk cement distribution. One of the highlights is also a modern office structure of 1,050sq.m. which houses a sophisticated laboratory, insulated humid room and all Managerial and Executive offices.
Speaking on behalf of President John Dramani Mahama during the commissioning November 30, Minister of Employment and Labour Relations, Haruna Iddrisu expressed hope that a substantial amount of the factory’s proceeds would be channeled into Corporate Social Responsibility programs.
In an address, Mr Anas Sefrioui, President of the CIMAF group said the factory would produce one million tons of cement annually and had employed about 1,200 workers from the beginning of the project to its current state.
An investment of 60 million Euros was put into the plant by The Addoha Group of Morocco who under Ciment’s de l’Afrique Companies have been at forefront of developing Cement Factories across West Africa. They are already present in 12 countries and are expanding into new territories.
The factory’s civil works were done by Ghanaian firm, FNJ Investments Ltd. The project which started in June 2015 was completed in less than 18 months. A workforce of 300 persons was employed on the site directly including Engineers, Foremen, Supervisors and Machine Operators.
The CEO of FNJ Investments, Mr. Niranjan Renati, disclosed the company is fully geared to accept projects more complicated than CIMAF as they have the necessary skillset and infrastructure including Heavy Machinery, Batching Plants and specialist machinery and tools.
He said FNJ currently employs a multi-disciplinary team including several expats who bring the necessary skills from their vast experience working abroad, making FNJ Investments the top choice for clients looking for reliable construction companies to deliver their projects on time and in budget.
FNJ Investments was turnkey responsible for all civil works on the site including Grinding Section, Silos, Packing Plants, Storage Warehouses, Electrical and Mechanical Rooms and Workshop Facilities and infrastructure facilities like the Roads and Drains.
FNJ Investments has a wide range of experience in not only commercial projects such as CIMAF factory, but also some prestigious industrial and residential projects in and around Greater Accra. Their record par excellence attracts them to multinational investors such as the Addoha Group, Wienco Group, Olam International even though they have been operational for only four years in the Ghanaian Market. The single longest warehouse in Ghana of 20,000m2 was built by FNJ Investments Ltd in 2012 and is the key export facility for Cocobod Operations today. They have built facilities for Agricultural commodity processing and Storage Facilities for various clients.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Support Young Entrepreneurs – Kufuor
- Gov’t to sanction state, private entities that fail to enforce TIN requirements
- GUTA boss calls for change in procurement system
- Ghana to raise $750 million through London IPO of minerals fund
- Nigeria raises $2.86 billion in Eurobonds to fund deficit
- Institute of Directors want directors on public, private boards certified
- More intrapreneurs, not more entrepreneurs
- Mr. Accreditation, enough of booklong MBA graduates
- Fidelity Bank increases support for women, youth development
- #YourBudget2019: E-waste management program to create 20,000 direct jobs
- #YourBudget2019: Establishment of National Development Bank on course – Ofori-Atta
- 2019 Budget: Century Bond will end ‘hand-to-mouth existence’ – Ofori-Atta
- 79 factories under 1D1F to be constructed by end of year- Finance Minister
- Achievements of the Akufo-Addo gov't in 22 months
- Gov't to launch Rearing for Food and Jobs program to check imports