Société Genéral in a quest to expand its customer base has officially opened a new ultra modern branch in the heart of Dansoman city.
The new branch amongst other features has an innovative automatic queue Management system, digital corner for all online transaction sand a full privilege lounge designed to offer customers a functional, stress-free and user-friendly banking space.
In his speech, the Managing Director of Societe General Ghana, Sionle Yeo said ”the opening of the new branch is part of our bank's strategic objectives to bring our services closer to all our customers. As our customers are the focus of our decisions, this branch has been strategically positioned to ensure that you have easy access to your banking needs."
"We also aim to make the branch and all our other branches located in business districts the hub of our retail and SME activities,” he said.
The opening of the new branch brings the banks customer outlets to a number of 42 branches with plans of opening other branches in the coming year.
However, beyond the availability of more outlets the bank, the Deputy Managing Director of Societe General, Francois Marchal, indicated has taken steps to grow the bank by increasing its capital base on the stock exchange.
In an interview with joy business, said, “we have just completed a rights issue on the stock exchange to increase our minimum capital from a GH¢100 million to GH¢140 million, so it’s a step we are taking in line with expectations from regulators on one side and on the other hand its needed to beef up and to grow our business.
"As we grow our loan book and our customer base, we need to have more capital to sustain it and to have monies available to distribute loans to our customers,” he added.
Société Genéral is one of the leading banks in Ghana and recognized for supporting individuals and businesses of various sizes and backgrounds to achieve their full potential.The new branch will serve customers in Dansoman and its environs.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Black Friday: Jumia Ghana partners Ghana Post to enhance deliveries
- Ex-UBS trader Kweku Adoboli deported to Ghana
- Inflation for October declines to 9.5%
- Gov’t spends $8.58m on Business Resource Centers nationwide
- Ghana affirms commitment to liberal airspace in Yamoussoukro Decision Day
- GLICO Life champions customer satisfaction
- AirtelTigo announces completion of nationwide network integration, upgrades
- See list: BoG bans 125 persons from holding current account
- MTN adjudged CSR company of the year
- Inlaks partners Temenos to win core banking application project in Cameroon
- UBA Ghana exceeds BoG’s minimum capital requirement
- Emirates expands partnership with Uber to offer seamless journey
- Communications ministry fights BoG over Mobile Money data
- Ranking of 20 Most Credible Banks in Ghana revealed
- World's 'most excellent' airlines for 2019 revealed