The first restaurant that combines organic local food with storytelling has opened at the Airport Residential Area in Accra.
N8tive Food and Beverage Bar has a natural setting and customer attendants expertly trained to attend to the specific diet requests of customers.
With specially designed seats that add to the aesthetic beauty of the place, the Bar provides a congenial meeting ground for entrepreneurs and writers.
N8tive Bar Founder, Kwame Bekoe told Myjoyonline.com his vision is to transform the way food is handled in Ghana.
“In Ghana to get a good meal that is healthy is difficult so the vision was birthed five years ago to use organic local food in a quality manner and fantastic service,” he said.
But it was Mr Bekoe’s brief stay in France that opened his eyes to ways citizens of a nation could be turned into food lovers.
“I was living in France [and] you know it is a nation of food lovers, particularly when it comes to the quality of their food, so the idea was formed there,” he said.
But the way local dishes are handled in Ghana is his constant worry especially because food is a key component of the culture of a group of people.
N8tive Food and Beverage Bar aims to change that narrative by offering hygienically made local food combined with events such as storytelling and poetry.
N8tive Bar Founder, Kwame Bekoe
“We want everything to be African inspired,” Mr Bekoe explained, adding there will also be African music as well.
The Bar will also be “a start-up friendly” by providing an environment for people to eat healthily and engage with their colleagues in a healthy discussion.
“We want it to be a venue where people can come and pitch small ideas to investors,” Mr Bekoe said, an agenda echoed by Managing Director Ruth Akrong and Brands Director Adubea Ayisi.
From [L-R] Ruth Akrong, Mr Bekoe and Adubea Ayisi
Mrs Akrong said through a “healthy-styled menu”, N8tive Food and Beverage Bar is set to “change the eating habit of Ghanaians and expats.”
With a target of opening new branches every six month, the Bar is expected to have a heavy presence in the country by 2023.
With the nature of its dream, N8tive Food and Beverage Bar will surely want to be the place where things happen.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Inlaks, Moven Enterprise partner to provide innovative financial solutions
- Gov't commended for launch of procurement Ethics and Standards Committee
- Cedi depreciation: Akufo-Addo blames taste for imported goods
- AirtelTigo offers industry’s first: data that doesn’t expire
- Govt secures record bids for its Eurobond
- Turkish gov’t to scale up investment to $1b with special interest in Agric, Tourism
- Vodafone Ghana launches 4G services
- Nestle Ghana achieves 12.8% volume growth in 2018
- MTN launches 8th edition of Twin City Fest
- Time to invest in Africa is now – Bawumia woos investors
- Boeing expects 737 Max software fix by end of March
- Gov't expresses confidence in insurance recapitalisation process
- Accra Mall to introduce Family Club
- Eurobond pricing expected on Tuesday as Ofori-Atta ends London Roadshow
- Tony Elumelu Foundation to announce selected entrepreneurs for 2019 programme