In recognition of their contribution towards the economic development of the Ashanti region, Manhyia Palace over the weekend presented a Gold Award to Agro Ecom for their immense support to Ghana’s cocoa industry during the Ashanti Business Excellence Awards.
The Administrative Manager of Agro Ecom, Seth Hammond, who received the award on behalf of the company, pledged the commitment of the company to continue with its vision of ensuring that cocoa farmers in the country get the best support they need.
Agro Ecom Ghana is part of the Ecom Group which is a Swiss-based commodity merchant and sustainable supply chain Management Company with operations in over 40 countries worldwide.
In Ghana, the company is a member of the Cocoa Buyers Association of Ghana (LICOBAG) and works with over 140,000 farmers.
It has a vision to show that through innovation and entrepreneurship, prosperity can be built.
As a leading private licensed cocoa buying company in Ghana, Agro Ecom also buys and sells other crops such as cashew and sesame. It also guides and trains farmers on how to reach sustainability and high quality, certified produce.
The company runs a large logistics business with a fleet of almost 150 modern trucks and provides input products that yield healthy crops and offers innovative micro-finance options.
This has positioned Agro Ecom at the forefront of changing the industry, driving a unique business model that safeguards the future of cocoa and other crops in Ghana.
It has a staff capacity of 500 full-time employees and individual engagement with 5,000 stakeholders and over 140,000 farmers.
The Ashanti Business Excellence Awards is organized annually under the Authority of Manhyia Palace.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Fuel prices at pumps projected to drop – IES
- We are ready for our factory -- La Mantse tells gov’t
- Review of 35% income tax was “great sacrifice” – Ofori-Atta
- TUC happy with review of 35% personal income tax
- Barclays partners Invest In Africa to increase credit facilities for SMEs
- GOIL reduces petrol, diesel prices beginning Friday
- Vodafone excites Broadband Customers with Christmas promo
- GT Bank meets BoG minimum capital requirement
- Turkish trade delegation to visit Ghana
- Investors express interest in Tamale Airport Cargo village project
- Support young entrepreneurs – Kufuor
- Gov’t to sanction state, private entities that fail to enforce TIN requirements
- GUTA boss calls for change in procurement system
- Ghana to raise $750 million through London IPO of minerals fund
- Nigeria raises $2.86 billion in Eurobonds to fund deficit